Hacking Dual Boot Switchroot LineageOS 15.1/Atmosphere 11.0.1?

axiomjunglist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here’s the short version – I used this script in Ubuntu to wipe & partition my 256GB SD card & flash Switchroot LineageOS 15.1. Success. Next, I restored a backup of my emuMMC to the partition the script created specifically for it. Success. Finally, I copied over all the remaining files and folders needed to the open FAT32 partition.

Now for the fun part – Booting requirements!

Hekate 5.0.0 bootloader:
• Required to boot Switchroot LineageOS 15.1 (tested and works)
• Does not boot Atmosphere CFW 11.0.1 (max firmware supported = 8.1.0, dumps you back to Nyx)

Hekate 5.5.1 bootloader:
• Required to boot Atmosphere CFW 11.0.1 (tested and works)
• Does not boot Switchroot LineageOS 15.1 (hangs on black screen forever)

So my question – is it possible to have two different usable versions of Hekate on the same partition that can be accessed via custom payload or script or ???

axiomjunglist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Created a workaround: Re-label the 5.0.0 bootloader folder in the root directory as bootloader-5.0.0, and copy over the 5.5.1 bootloader folder to the root directly as-is. If you need to payload into 5.0.0 just delete the update.bin file in the 5.5.1 folder. Update.bin will automatically regenerate next time you payload directly into 5.5.1.

Ex: Let's say you inject the 5.5.1 payload and boot in Atmosphere CFW 11.0.1. Want to boot up Switchroot LineageOS 15.1? Go to HBMenu, open a file editor (N-Xplorer, etc), delete Update.bin from the bootloader folder, and use HekateBrew to reboot a 5.0.0 payload (or shut down/inject 5.0.0).

Not optimal, but it works...

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Created a workaround: Re-label the 5.0.0 bootloader folder in the root directory as bootloader-5.0.0, and copy over the 5.5.1 bootloader folder to the root directly as-is. If you need to payload into 5.0.0 just delete the update.bin file in the 5.5.1 folder. Update.bin will automatically regenerate next time you payload directly into 5.5.1.

Ex: Let's say you inject the 5.5.1 payload and boot in Atmosphere CFW 11.0.1. Want to boot up Switchroot LineageOS 15.1? Go to HBMenu, open a file editor (N-Xplorer, etc), delete Update.bin from the bootloader folder, and use HekateBrew to reboot a 5.0.0 payload (or shut down/inject 5.0.0).

I was working on this myself with swapping sd cards. Got it working with switching from Android to the Atmosphere sd card but not the other way around, until now. thanks buddy!

Reactions: axiomjunglist

Waip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I'm trying to run a similar setup
What is the purpose of renaming the folder bootloader-5.0.0 ? Is it going to be used specifically by Hekate 5.0.0 ?

axiomjunglist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was working on this myself with swapping sd cards. Got it working with switching from Android to the Atmosphere sd card but not the other way around, until now. thanks buddy!

Glad to hear it worked! I thought I had Android working, but apparently I had only tested booting into TWRP. Once there my SD card showed as empty (unable to mount any partitions) and booting normally into Android doesn't work at all. Thinking the script I mentioned above perhaps created some kind of error, I tried another script with the same result, and finally gave up after getting the same result using yet another method.

Are you using Switchroot LineageOS 15.1? If so what method/script did you use for creating a multi-partition SD that boots Android/Atmosphere?

I'm trying to run a similar setup
What is the purpose of renaming the folder bootloader-5.0.0 ? Is it going to be used specifically by Hekate 5.0.0 ?

I originally tried deleting the Update.bin folder from the 5.5.1 bootloader directory and injecting a 5.0.0 payload but that didn't work, so that's when I got the idea to copy over and rename the folder for the 5.0.0 bootloader and keep the 5.5.1 bootloader folder as-is. It appears both sets of bootloader files are needed for their respective payload, so renaming was purely to allow for that to occur.

Last edited by axiomjunglist,

Newhouse-Estates

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't want to take the time to create a multi partition on one SD card so i use 2 separate sd cards and thanks to you, i can now successfully hot swap them without injecting payload when i want to hot swap sd cards.
I put the reinx payload in the payload folder but not have it installed and in hekate i have autoboot/ reboot to reinx so if any crashes happen from either atmosphere OR android it goes to there, plus it hangs on "press any button to continue" then goes back to hekate so try hot swapping sd cards on that hang. Also I had issues with android a few times, i just didn't update hekate for that sd card specifically but kept 5.5.1 for only my atmosphere sd card using your strategy. I just formatted and reinstalled android when it would only go to twerp. Sorry for all the text out of order, i'm new to posting in sites like this.
Let me know if i need to clarify anything.

axiomjunglist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see. Your post inspired me to do the same in lieu of being able to use one SD card. Now I have 'reboot to bootloader' functional on Android (after some investigation) and in Atmosphere I use my trick to get back to the right version of Hekate for booting Switchroot. I'm willing to make this small concession of swapping cards now that it's much easier! Thx!

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

axiomjunglist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate 5.3.4 has a Partition tool inside?

It does and it can create partitions for both Android and emuMMC but I couldn't get it to flash any of the Switchroot image files successfully.

Why you didn't use Hekate 5.3.4?
It works perfectly whit Oreo and Atmosphere.

Thanks for the tip off. It can only boot Atmosphere up to 10.2.0 though.

As far as the version of Hekate I settled on personally for booting Switchroot, I'm using 5.1.1 because flashing "reboot2payload_final_hekate511_hotfix.zip" in TWRP would not make it work with 5.0.0, even after modifying the zip package to make it work. Using the 5.1.1 files, all works exactly as it should.

Last edited by axiomjunglist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it