Dualshock 3 PSGroove Port in the works!

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Awesome, i will have alot of respect for them if they can make this work.
Doesn't mean i will use it, even if it has homebrew support (what they don't have at this state),
Their is nothing wrong with homebrew. Now, I don't want to be a hypocrite, but i'm against pirating games since recently. I owned alot of nds flashcards and such so i did my fair share, however it made me realise how awesome games almost mean nothing if you pirate it, it has no value and you most likely not finish playing it. That said, i do use moonshell. Maybe bit offtopic , and i hope it aint against the rules.

leocamilo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I want to know is: even if you re-program your controller into a PSGroove, when you DON'T use it to run the exploit, will it function normally? If yes, then this is perfect! Does anyone know about this?

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
Hatsune Miku said:
mehrab2603 said:
at this rate even my toaster will have psgroove
biggrin.gif
my microwave already does.

My ps3 can jailbreak your microwave.

I lol'd.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's possible to make it so that holding a certain button combination when booting the PS3 causes it to run the exploit, other wise it just acts like a normal controller?

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pubert09 said:
If this works, who would sony sue then?
Hmmmmmmmm...

This made me LoL for real.

"Sony has announced that they will sue the programmers that bootlegged their controllers!"

Too me this sounds very exciting. Probably the program will have some type of way to remove the flashed software that was installed on the controller(Im talking out of my ass but this can probably be done).

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
is somebody working on a PC port so no need to buy a PSP, iDevice, tensy etc etc...??

I recall Mathieulh mentioning in one of his Twitter posts that a PC port is unlikely. As there are so many varieties of motherboards that would use a different usb controller. Each one would have to be made specifically.

Goveynetcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A PC port isn't very probable. The reason these programmable USB devices work, is because they are slave devices, the USB controller on a PC is a master device, it's mean to receive the USB data/power. Unless you have a special controller set it's not worth it. It would be much better to wait for another method, almost any USB slave device that is running a Linux kernel can be used. And honestly, within a few days, you will have a PSP method, an Ipod/Iphone method, a droid method and many others (TI-84 version will be out today
biggrin.gif
).

Some people just aren't patient
rolleyes.gif
. In the meantime, I am stalking up on PS3 isos and rentals
nayps3.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Sixaxis controller with a faulty left analog (Still works but it tends to move your character or whatever it controls on its own), so this will be really useful for me
smile.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is getting ridiculous. Someone ported PSGroove to a Ti-84 calculator now. What's next? Bet it will be ported to something even older like the NES next.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
This is getting ridiculous. Someone ported PSGroove to a Ti-84 calculator now. What's next? Bet it will be ported to something even older like the NES next.
Because the NES was portable.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they will port it to one of those Tamagachi pet things
rofl.gif

SHEESH I WISH SOMEONE WOULD PORT IT TO SOMETHING I ACTUALLY HAVE >.< (not including the ps3 controller. I only have 1 ps3 controller)

Port it to my SYLVANIA SDTV lmao

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's also possible with an Android device, though not that many are compatible. My HTC Desire should work, but I haven't tried it yet. You'd have to root your phone, but then I'll lose all my settings so I'm not sure if I should try it
glare.gif
And I'm not sure if I want to pirate, because I went along that road with my DS, and games just weren't the same when they were all for free. I don't even have an external harddisk, but are there any ps3 games that fit on an 8GB USB stick? Or am I talking crazy now
blink.gif
? Haven't really been following this..

EDIT: Can't believe I wrote my 100th post (after 4 years
laugh.gif
) on a ps3 topic, because it's the first time I went outside the DS area. Trading Forum, here I come...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PJJRe1g2Y