Hacking Durability: PSP vs. DS

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which system is more durable as in dropping it. I have dropped my DS lite several times. Once from 5 feet onto concrete and nothing broke in it. I'm afraid to even take my PSP phat out of the house, it looks so... breakable.

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my family friend broke his psp in a week dropping down the stairs ONCE!
My ds phat lasted for about 4 years now... and dropping down things occassinally.
wat do u think?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Dropped my PSP once, nothing really. Small scratch on the faceplate. Dropped my DS a few times, nothing. Touch screen is pretty scratched up due to the fact I can't be bothered to get a screen protector, though. If you're worried about the PSP falling and breaking if you're outside and walking around, just put it in a carry case and make sure it fits in your pockets properly so it won't fall out, assuming you aren't one of those idiots that walks around staring into the screen of whatever portable device they're carrying around whilst ignoring the outside world, in which case if it breaks due to you walking into a lamp post, you deserve it.

miketh2005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Dropped my PSP once, nothing really. Small scratch on the faceplate. Dropped my DS a few times, nothing. Touch screen is pretty scratched up due to the fact I can't be bothered to get a screen protector, though. If you're worried about the PSP falling and breaking if you're outside and walking around, just put it in a carry case and make sure it fits in your pockets properly so it won't fall out, assuming you aren't one of those idiots that walks around staring into the screen of whatever portable device they're carrying around whilst ignoring the outside world, in which case if it breaks due to you walking into a lamp post, you deserve it.

lol.
tongue.gif
so which is better?

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-erhm- well uh i dropped my PSP (on my Knee(With my Hands)) and yeah it like crashes now
tongue.gif
but when i "dropped" my ds on my said "knee" it still works fine

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah I'd just finished playing a decided to chuck it on my bed for no reason and overshot. Almost glad I did because if I didn't my dad never would've let me replace my ds case

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was a series of Youtube videos on this subject, and the DS (Lite) won spectacularly. Try searching for it.
yaynds.gif

Edit: I can't find them anymore, but I'm sure someone else must also remember them.

Clare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to argue for the PSP, if you're talking about better resistance to wear and tear. My PSP is older than my DS, been through more stress (my DSL has been babied), and not only has had much, much less happen to it, it's easier to open up and fix yourself. My DSL had problems long before my PSP, and now seems to be impossible to fix...

My sister's DSL also has gone into life support; it needs a new top screen, and is even younger than mine.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
While the DS clam shell design would seem to have more moving parts, the PSP has internal moving parts ie. the UMD reading mechanism. My brother bought his PSP cheap from a friend since it couldn't read UMDs, so he just hacked the firmware and use it to play backups instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH