• Views 3,293
  • Replies 55
  • Likes 1

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one to find that to be ironic? Playing something that's healthy in real life indoors?

Absolutely not. You are not the only one to find that to be ironic. If they think that they are playing something that's healthy in real life indoors then they are fools. :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear that because I would rather play the real things myself too. I just find watching "Goooooaaall" to be more entertaining than watching sports, lol.

I'm not a fan of EA games, much less their sports like. Extreme sports games like THPS are about as far as I go with sports lol XD

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only two games that are ver good games: Mass Effects series and Dead Space series. And thats about it. Most EA games doesn't interested me at all.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anybody not see this coming? It has been something of a pattern since the N64 and definitely with the wii and super definitely with the wii u.

I hope EA looks more closely at the stats than sales numbers and then releases a graph of player hours, retention and such like along with the inevitable "poke this Nintendo lark" statement.

"i mean isn't Fifa more of a PS4/XI experience?"
From where I sit most people playing such things are some of the least likely to care about the console they play it on as long as they get it (see also how sports games like these are almost always the last games released for a console), also sports games were a big deal on the NES and SNES (the last time Nintendo was doing well at home console) and even something of a big deal on the N64 if the number of requests I see for help with hacking wrestling, American football and such titles are anything to go by. Similarly while online is a bit of a thing for these games they are also perfect "couple of rounds of fifa and then we head to the pub" type games, and played as such.

I just find watching sports to be boring, I'd rather play the real thing, that's all.
I like skateboarding, I also playing the skate games. There is room for both in my life.

Reactions: the_randomizer

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's sad to read a lot of people agree on the mindset: "Well their games arent good anyways so who cares?" just because EA are worried their games would sell like shit on Nintendo consoles. Personally I dont consider Fifa games to be bad just samey but if they can get console units out of shelves why not?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad to read a lot of people agree on the mindset: "Well their games arent good anyways so who cares?" just because EA are worried their games would sell like shit on Nintendo consoles. Personally I dont consider Fifa games to be bad just samey but if they can get console units out of shelves why not?

I'm more worried on whether or not they can port a game to a Nintendo console without dumbing it down and blatantly removing online and other features, you know like on the Wii U? They did that, and bitched about low sales after selling a port that was garbage.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm more worried on whether or not they can port a game to a Nintendo console without dumbing it down and blatantly removing online and other features, you know like on the Wii U? They did that, and bitched about low sales after selling a port that was garbage.
fifa wont have the story mode on the switch so they are already doing that lol

Reactions: DarthDub

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is why your fail ea. you base your decision on a sports game..... Why dont you make a kick ass title only on the switch and see how well that sells. Oh wait that would be the smart thing to do.....

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wish if I failed I could fail like EA http://investor.ea.com/financials.cfm

Equally aren't sports games one of their core markets, and have been for decades? From where I sit them saying we will give it a chance with one of our core titles that we will put the effort into is a valid thing to do. I mean I can probably predict the result -- it fails, EA goes to its board/investors/whatever when one of them opens the financial times and says "ooh this switch business did a lot, are we doing anything for it?" and replies "we did a test case with one of out core products and it performed considerably under expectations, we then chose to focus on our core markets".

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If guys didn't realize yet, EA's is our only chance at getting a Rogue Squadron game for the switch :ha:. I would rather have a dedicated exclusive like that than a dumbed down port of battlefront.

Guys this is really a marketing scam (partially). Even if they did not make a statement like this and fifa didn't sell well, there wouldn't be many ports from EA. If Nintendo wanted ports, they need to work with the other companies like what they are doing with Ubisoft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!