eBay userbase information hacked, change your password immediately!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've used KeePass since 2008 or so, and I gladly recommend it. Get the portable version and you can easily toss the folder on Dropbox, download it and just run the exe when needed, even on school computers we're not allowed to install things on. And I have a version on my USB-stick. Never had any issues with it.

And now I discovered and tested out the Android app, wonderful and going to make my life a little easier.

Reactions: Satangel

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also by now it should be obvious, but I'd recommend everyone to get a password manager such as 1Password. Using unique random generated passwords on each website means changing only one password if a website is breached. You only need to remember the master password for your credential vault. Not that much to be spent for the added security.
Thanks for the tip Qtis. Last night I migrated all my accounts to Dashlane (similar to 1Password but free). It was time consuming, but I think it's worth it.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the tip Qtis. Last night I migrated all my accounts to Dashlane (similar to 1Password but free). It was time consuming, but I think it's worth it.

No problem. I originally thought it was more of a chore to use a password manager (got 1Password in a bundle of programs I bought for Parallels Virtual Machines), but after you set it up once and use a Dropbox sync or a USB drive with the info on it, it's easier than before. Also not needing to have your passwords save in unencrypted files is nice.

As long as the program people use is updated regularly (a key in crypto security) and supports the platforms you need, you're good to go. 1Password was just an example of a program, since I was on mobile and couldn't get myself to make a long post of good alternatives. Luckily people on the thread have given free options with the same functionality. :)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Yeah, have searched and so far KeepPass, Dashlane and Roboform are on top of the list. I'll try them all out, happy to see so many options. #PCMasterRace yet again.

Also, Qtis, searched for my EZ Flash IV, I think I sold it already :'( Sorry man

Reactions: Qtis

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, Thanks for the info! I recently made a eBay Account and BOY! that was unespected!! D:

o well, I´ve not only changed the pass, I now using LastPass as a manager, since it has a nice random pass generator and it´s FREEE (for PC´s anyway). Let´s see how well it goes.

Reactions: Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good i don't drink, but some rum ice cream...