Hacking EDGE DS not working

AmyGrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My original DS Lite stopped working a year ago. Then this week someone gave me a DS Lite they didn't want. So I dusted off my EDGE and tried to use it. But for some reason the DS won't see the EDGE. It just boots into the menu every time. I don't even get the error about missing the edge.dat file. I did setup the 8GB Micro SDHC I had correctly and it still won't boot. I did notice some odd behavior with the DS Lite. When I'm at the menu and insert a real Nintendo DS Game. The system won't see it and the system freezes sometimes. If I then restart the system. The DS will see and load the game. I'm not sure what the issue is and I'm leaning towards to a problem with the DS rather than the EDGE. Only real way to know for sure it to try it on a different DS.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Clean the connectors with a q-tip dipped in some high-volume spirit, make sure that both the slot and the cartridge is pristine clean and try again. Games "bleeping in and out of existence" seems to point at a connector issue. ;)

AmyGrrl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok. I was thinking of trying that. I just wanted to check first. I will do it tomorrow when I have some time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH