Elden Ring tops Steam charts for concurrent players, user reviews drops to "mixed" after PC issues

d,lada.png

Elden Ring is the hottest new game release in quite some time, becoming one of the most critically acclaimed games in recent history. You can see how successful the game is, going by the Steam peak players chart, where it shows Elden Ring having peaked today with a massive amount of 764,835 concurrent players just on PC. By comparison, previous From Software games like Dark Souls III and Sekiro have an all-time peak of 129,831 and 124,334 players respectively.

However, despite the critical reception, Elden Ring has sharply dropped from overwhelmingly positive user feedback to mixed, as of the time of writing. This is due to the PC port of the game having issues, frustrating players on the platform. Some posted reviews stating that while they have a powerful gaming PC, the game still stutters and can't hit a solid 60fps. There's a number of workarounds that users have found, including adding EldenRing.exe to high performance in Windows, or disabling the Steam Overlay. Digital Foundry noticed consistent stuttering in the game when in the open world area, and that variable refresh rate monitors help to make the gameplay a little smoother, but don't fully fix the problems.

While our own time with the game has been limited thus far, the stuttering bug is apparent in our review copy on Steam as well. Though Elden Ring is running on a 2080 Super and 3700X CPU, the game will drop down to 57 frames per second on a timely basis. Bandai Namco has not made any statements regarding the PC port's quality as of yet, or whether or not there will be a performance patch.

Update: Bandai Namco has addressed the problems and will be releasing a patch.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I meant early as in pre-release. The press reviews were so positive that any subsequent issues were bound to be blown out of proportion.
Many of the reviews did mention PC performance issues, they just weren't enough on their own to justify dropping the score, especially knowing that they'll be fixed relatively quickly.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm,i have an i9 12900k with rtx 3090,but after reading about this,decided to wait to buy this game.
I don't have such hardware to play with stutters.
When bugs are fixed,maybe consider again to buy it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm,i have an i9 12900k with rtx 3090,but after reading about this,decided to wait to buy this game.
I don't have such hardware to play with stutters.
When bugs are fixed,maybe consider again to buy it.
Assuming you have a GTX 1080Ti or better to go with that, you'd be fine. I've had zero stutters while in combat on that card and a Ryzen 5 3600. They typically only occur when loading large swaths of the open world (usually on horseback).

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No,i expressed me wrong,i have i9 12900k with an rtx 3090,and i don't want to play with stutters,i think anyone,but with that hardware,it should be an fantastic expirience and not stutters here and there.
But i just wait till first patch and see if they fixed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs