Emambue

LeoTCK

The Dark Truth-Bringer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So back at the end of the 90s I remember after the cartoon segment in the weekend ended, there was this TV series that was set in some amazon jungle...it was about a group of survivors that arrived on a boat or a plane and they found this hidden civilization of the natives, I believe there were some temples too. But there was this medicine man/shaman that kept saying stuff like

EMAMBUE EMAMBUE

etc

@Xdqwerty @impeeza and any south american guys...do you know what this series might be? It might not have been south american production but was certainly taking place there I think.

EMAMBUEEEE

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"The Fever Dream of LeoTCK"?

I know, Jonny Quest!

1710087320764.png

LeoTCK

The Dark Truth-Bringer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
And you're sure it's not "Peter Benchley's: Amazon"?
now that you mention it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_(1999_TV_series)
it might have been but I'd need to see the footage to know for sure.

It was live action and there was something with jaguar people maybe. So yea its possible its this, thanks.
so yea i wasn't sure whether it was a flight or a boat...though there might have been boats to move around

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So back at the end of the 90s I remember after the cartoon segment in the weekend ended, there was this TV series that was set in some amazon jungle...it was about a group of survivors that arrived on a boat or a plane and they found this hidden civilization of the natives, I believe there were some temples too. But there was this medicine man/shaman that kept saying stuff like

EMAMBUE EMAMBUE

etc

@Xdqwerty @impeeza and any south american guys...do you know what this series might be? It might not have been south american production but was certainly taking place there I think.

EMAMBUEEEE
I am 46 years old, and didn't recall any tv show like that. but i was no a very TV child. and for the 90's I was about to get in College so the only TV was Dragon Ball :P sorry I can not help there.

LeoTCK

The Dark Truth-Bringer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
There also might have been a scene in King Kong 2005

View attachment 425001
what scene?
anyways that's too new lol, i bet its really that amazon series...
Post automatically merged:

I think this is it then, just looks way more boring than I remember...

but I do recognize, that emambue guy I think is the one with the colored feathers on his head that is seen briefly here. Its just i can't seem to find any clip of him featured more.

Last edited by LeoTCK,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    I like filters :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Filters are why you don't go on 2nd dates
    Lol nahhh it's because I usually get what they want on the first date lol
    I swear if I hear "I don't usually do this on the first date" on more time... I am going to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought you McDonald's even tho you lied about your pics I still deserve this
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting