Emulators?

placebo_yue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't own a PS3 so i never bothered to investigate, but a friend does, and all he has is a NES emulator + HEN and playstation123 games.
I'm sure there must be some options for genesis, SNES, N64, Handhelds, and so on... Maybe dreamcast? maybe gamecube? that's a stretch i know but.. maybe?

Anyways, i tried searching with the tags and nothing useful showed up, so... emulators sticky? ports and related homebrews are also welcome

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If think that there's a lot of playable emulators on RetroArch PS3 version but it doesn't seem to run very well on the PS3 due to it's specific architecture, don't expect much from it

placebo_yue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah i figured retroarch was a mixed bag from my experience with O3DS and how only a few work decently. Perhaps someone made a guide to which ones are useful? otherwise standalone emulators is what im after

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i've encountered some stuttering on SNES games when i was testing Retroarch, there's many versions & cores to tinker with, but i just didn't bother with it. I much prefer the Wii when it comes to emulation. Though no good GC/Dreamcast emulation on either!

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i've encountered some stuttering on SNES games when i was testing Retroarch, there's many versions & cores to tinker with, but i just didn't bother with it. I much prefer the Wii when it comes to emulation. Though no good GC/Dreamcast emulation on either!
It's a shame a GCN/DC emulator doesn't exist for PS3, but developers did say it was a machine hard to develop for so it's no surprise.

Still, with PS1, PS2, PS3, and retro consoles there are plenty of games to choose from.

My favorite DC game kinda is SONIC Adventure 2, though just the first stage (the only nostalgic memory I have of it).

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land