Emunand Question

clandestine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never used emunand. To play wads I've always just patched iOS 80 and moved them to SD card since I've only played a few virtual console games that don't work well through emulation.

I've considered switching to an emunand setup so I can install a complete collection of games that were released through the Wii eShop. But looking at the compatibility list here, it looks like that's not even possible:

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_EmuNAND_Compatibility_List

Like, the N64 games and the WiiWare games need a completely diff version of d2x installed. Am i understanding this compatibility list correctly? Or is this imply a setting that can be tweaked individually in the USB loader?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u launch the games via neek then cios is not needed and compatibility is very near 100% afaik. Neek can be finicky to set up, and often isn't needed to launch games. The latest gx has a bunch of option for emunand launching, partial or full for example, and in most cases partial will launch just fine, meaning u can avoid fully loading your emunand via neek in most cases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1