Misc [Error: 51330] Wi-fi connection not working (Router info inside)

Jordy19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone, I've suddenly a problem with two Nintendo Wii's in my local network.
They've always been able to connect to the internet but suddenly they aren't able to connect anymore.
The connection test results in a 51330 error all the time, I've tried every password type available but I always get the 51330 error with our main router, but when I try a second router plugged in the main router, the wii actually connects.

The main router settings are..
Radio: 2.4G - Mixed (802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n)
Channel: 11
Bandwidth: 20 MHz
Password verification type: WPA/WPA2
encryption type: TKIP/AES
Key interval: 3600
MAC Filter: Disabled

I hope that I've given enough information and that someone can help me troubleshoot this problem.
Everything here works, even my 3DS, just the Wii won't connect.. :(

- Greetings, Jordy.

ChaoticGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should help.
Mostly it says:
"Error Code 51330 or 52130: This means the security code you entered into the Wii is not the same one your router is set to. Look in your router's settings and try again"

The password is being typed wrong. Are you sure you are putting the right one in?

Reactions: Jordy19

Jordy19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I'm 100% sure I write the right password. the password works at my other machines, so it must be the correct one. I've looked up every page about this error but nothing was helpful for me.

Router settings are WEP2+AES and yet it fails and gives me 51330.
The Wii's firmware is version v4.3E and the router is a Technicolor.

Last edited by Jordy19,

Jordy19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I've tried every connection slot, cleared the connections and tried again, I've tried both channel 1 and 11, I power-cycled the router each time I changed the channel.
The wii is running version v4.3E, I couldn't accidentally ran an update right? This isn't the latest version right? D:

IzeC0ld

N$K867
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you use that app for internet,The one that sets the connection 1,2 or 3 as default?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you use that hbl app for internet,The one that sets the connection 1,2 or 3 as default?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

offline network enabler?

Jordy19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only used Netflix and the internet options in cfg USB loader for downloading themes and covers, not sure which homebrew launcher internet app you are talking about ans what do you mean with offline network enabler. Both the Wii downstairs and upstairs aren't connecting.

ChaoticGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried changing the password on your internet? If not, try changing it to a WEP encryption with a different password because those are mostly Wii friendly...

EDIT: Also do you have Priiloader? Because there is a setting in there that disables the Wifi for some reason. Try checking that too.

Last edited by ChaoticGamer,

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bumping this thread, because I've got the same problem. I also have a Technicolor router (TC7200). It used to work fine, but without changing the connection settings, it stopped working at some point.

Jordy19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try a "Manual Setup" with the Wii console (how to), using your network's IP configuration settings. To access these settings:
1. On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
2. Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
3. Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings. Locate the settings asked for by the Wii console during the Manual Setup process and enter them.
Solution 1. Connect to the access point
www errorsolutions tech error wii-error-code-51330
I tried that, didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1