Hacking Error dumping keys.txt with kezplez-nx and lockpick

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running firmware 6.2.0 and I've followed @Canna 's guide to backing up nand. I used all the attached files from his post, SD formatted with exFAT, etc. Everything went fine with biskeydump, backups, etc.

The problem I run into is when I try to dump the keys.txt file with either Kezplez-nx (v1.3) or Lockpick. I start kezplez-nx and get the rainbow screen and press A to dump. It starts dumping and gets through 7 of 15 and when it hits 8 of 15 it dies with the following:
Error Code 2168-002 (0x4a8)
Title: 0100000000000036
Firmware 6.2.0 (Atsmophere 0.8.1-mastrer-ed84e7d)
An error has occurred

When I look at the SD card, I can see there is now a keys.txt file in there, but it's obviously not complete since it dies at 8 of 15.

If I use lockpick, as soon as I hit A to start writing, it immediately dies with an error. I followed this guide exactly using all of the files from the first post. Just to make sure I didnt do anything wrong, I reformatted the SD card (exFAT) and followed the steps from the beginning again. Same error when trying to dump the keys.txt with either file.

Are the keys in keys.txt important? Do I need them? What can I do to fix this? I just dont want to mess up this mod in any way.

Thanks!

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Lockpick dumps all the keys to prod.keys before you press A. A is for titlekeys from games.

The keys are used to decrypt content files from backups, e.g. converting your cart to an installable nsp.

Reactions: CWaffles

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I just launch lockpick I should have a file called prod.keys somewhere on my SD card then, right? And thats all I need? I could not care less about decrypting backups or converting carts.

Lockpick dumps all the keys to prod.keys before you press A. A is for titlekeys from games.

The keys are used to decrypt content files from backups, e.g. converting your cart to an installable nsp.

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
So if I just launch lockpick I should have a file called prod.keys somewhere on my SD card then, right? And thats all I need? I could not care less about decrypting backups or converting carts.

Yes it should be there. Next to the rainbow it should say how much time it took to find x amount of keys. That means it already wrote the file, should be in the same direction as the nro I think.

Note you don't really need those keys? Just a boot0/1 + raw full nand is good enough for nearly all users and is just a safety procedure

Reactions: CWaffles

yoshimashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 6.2 atmosphere and I get the same error. I can't even find prod.keys after using lockpick. I've checked every folder. It's weird because I get a success message. I do have a keys.txt but like what the thread starter said, because it stops on 8/15 it's like...is it even complete? I want to install these .nsp and .xci's but when I google around I see so many different programs and messages that it's overwhelming.

So what exactly should I do here? Even if I don't need those specific keys-- why does these programs that installs .nsp and .xci say that it's required? I have a 200gb sandisk card with fat32 format.

CWaffles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you launch lockpick do you see the rainbow screen? And then you press A and it errors? If thats the case prod.keys is should be somewhere on the SD card (I dont remember exactly where at the moment). As long as you have that, you should be fine. I have had no need for the keys.txt file. As mentioned above, you don't really need them unless you are wanting to decrypt content files from backups, e.g. converting your cart to an installable nsp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol