Errors and forced shut down when launching practically all homebrew on 128gb exfat formatted card. Want to switch to fat32

Randy Steele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on version 12.1.0 Atmosphere 19.5. Okay so I'm not exactly sure what I did to end up
on exfat but I must have installed an exfat switch update through choidujour by mistake a long time ago and must have formatted my sd card to exfat in order
for system to work.
I didn't touch my switch for like half a year until recently to update so I'm not entirely
sure what happened but I just want to be able to switch over to fat32 as hassle free as possible because I noticed practically all homebrew I launch gives me an error and requires a reset. I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall all my games but I'm kinda thinking I might have to cause I swear I had to do that after accidently choosing the exfat update in choidujour way back. If that's the case then I also have no idea how to back up my saves because checkpoint
doesn't work anymore either and while tinfoil does work it gives me an error when attempting to back up save files. Any help would be appreciated and
apologies if my explanation is a tad bit convoluted.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing the exfat driver when updating firmware doesnt have any ill effects. it just supports exfat cards. for save extraction, you can use jksv. as for dumping you games if you can, i suggest nxdumptool (its been awhile since i used it but i remember it needing title override to work) as for reformatting your card. make an image of your card, format it, apply that image back to your card, profit?

Reactions: Randy Steele

Randy Steele

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
installing the exfat driver when updating firmware doesnt have any ill effects. it just supports exfat cards. for save extraction, you can use jksv. as for dumping you games if you can, i suggest nxdumptool (its been awhile since i used it but i remember it needing title override to work) as for reformatting your card. make an image of your card, format it, apply that image back to your card, profit?
Awesome, I'll try all that and get back once I have time to do all that. I already already backed everything up and it took hours so I know it's going to take a bit to dump it again as an image and then copy it back. Unless it doesn't make a difference and then I can just copy the backup of everything I already have after I format. Anyways thank you so much. I had a hard time finding a definitive answer to everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?