Gaming [eShop] Certains VC titles now support Download Play.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't play multiplayer with GBA titles that are official, when I can simply do it, and all that I already said, with a PSP.
The PSP is hacked and the 3DS is not, that's why.

The content is limited, there are no GBA or SNES games for sales.
Nintendo is not even trying to please it's oldschool fans.
Pfffff! Nintendo, as any other company, is all about the money. If they wanted to please old school gamers they would give the titles for free. Anyway, except for gba games you can play any of the other VC titles using a DS flashcart + emulators. I know at least nesDS has multi-player via wireless.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now how about Download Play for GBA titles? Mario Kart Super Circuit, anyone?
My theory is that allowing multiplayer on gb/gbc/gba games is slightly more complicated. You see in the nes you only need one 3DS actually running game while the other would just receive the video and stream the controls to the first 3DS.

In the case of the game boy line of games, you'd have to have both the 3DS running the game boy emulator and game, and communicating with each other since that's how portable consoles do multiplayer. I am not saying it's impossible, but maybe they are just testing multiplayer in the NES titles before developing a proper solution for portable titles.

*This is purely speculation in my part* In the specific case of the gba, I believe the 3DS run in some sort of gba compatibility mode since the 3DS has the necessary hardware to run GBA titles natively without needing to rely on emulation or maybe relying in emulation just partially. While if this is true, it's a great advantage, it would also mean that some of the 3DS hardware is locked when this theorical GBA mode is on, which could include Wi-fi.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The PSP is hacked and the 3DS is not, that's why.

Pfffff! Nintendo, as any other company, is all about the money. If they wanted to please old school gamers they would give the titles for free. Anyway, except for gba games you can play any of the other VC titles using a DS flashcart + emulators. I know at least nesDS has multi-player via wireless.

SNES emulation on DS is just painful.

Have you ever played a PS Classic?
They work amaizingly fine.
There are plenty settings, and they are official,
from legit games.

Creating a PS2 emulator for PS3 is nearly impossible,
yet Sony achieved it.
But creating SNES and GBA emulators for 3DS is a simple task to Nintendo.
In fact, there is already a GBA emulator for 3DS,
but it's limited to ten ambassador titles simply because Nintendo wants it that way.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SNES emulation on DS is just painful.

Have you ever played a PS Classic?
They work amaizingly fine.
There are plenty settings, and they are official,
from legit games.
I think I played it once, it was really fantastic. The only reason I've ever wanted a PSP ^^

About features, the game boy emulator for the 3DS does have some nice hidden features. For example, you can play at the native resolution holding Start + Select when opening a game boy title, it will also show a border arount the game resembling a classic or a colour game boy. And if you prees L+R+Y the screen will change to look exactly like game boy games looked, green and with some blur. I even notice that in the game Kirby's Dream Land, the shots from the cannons are better animated when the blur is on.

The NES games give you the option to alternate between controller 1 and controller 2 by pressing L+R+Y and this is really cool. Specially since the NES zelda games have a trick of using the 2nd controller for saving and there are some games like SMB where the first and second player alternate playing.

About Screen Stretching, it comes with the price of distorting the game. I think Nintendo's policy in this case is to give the best image quality, but it would be nice to give the option if the person doesn't care about visual quality at all.

I noticed that the select button is mapped to the Y as well as the Select button by default.

About button mapping, yeah... There's no real excuse for not giving the option. But I think they did that because the VC titles use some buttons combinations which include the L, R, Y, and X buttons sometimes. And the default mapping is not that bad. Still they could give the option.

The Game Gear emulator have all the features that the others VC emulators lack, Sega did their job right when developing the Game Gear emulator.

Creating a PS2 emulator for PS3 is nearly impossible,
yet Sony achieved it.
I remember reading that PS2 emulation is quite crappy in the PS3. That's why only few titles were released, they were the few titles that worked. And the image quality is surprisingly bad for PS2 games played in a PS3.

But creating SNES and GBA emulators for 3DS is a simple task to Nintendo.
In fact, there is already a GBA emulator for 3DS,
but it's limited to ten ambassador titles simply because Nintendo wants it that way.
Yeah... I would rather have the snes/gba emulators too. But, I have the feeling that Nintendo won't miss the opportunity to release A Link to The Past for the Virtual Console along with the new 3DS Zelda. And... there's both a gba and snes version of A Link to the Past, so even if Nintendo never release snes games on VC we still can get the gba version.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because they're not being emulated, they're being virtualized, since the PSP uses the same architecture as the PS1 it doesn't need to emulate the CPU and all that hardware.

On PSP that's true, but on PS3 it isn't, and there are PS2 classics for PS3.
But my point was not that, I was talking about how many amazing settings are avaiable for PS Classics,
while Nintendo VC seem very limited.

This has nothing to do with virtualizing or emulating.
Filters, control, screen and sound configurations, can be applied on both cases.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On PSP that's true, but on PS3 it isn't, and there are PS2 classics for PS3.
But my point was not that, I was talking about how many amazing settings are avaiable for PS Classics,
while Nintendo VC seem very limited.

This has nothing to do with virtualizing or emulating.
Filters, control, screen and sound configurations, can be applied on both cases.
you are talking about ps2 emulation on a ps3 when sony advertised backwards compatibility... so ps2 emulation means they fucked up

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You were comparing how some older systems ran fine on one system and not another?

No I wasn't, you got it wrong.
Nintendo VC titles performance is good,
I still get some slowdowns on Zelda 1 and Megamans,
but overall it's still a good performance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLg85Bwkfmo