chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added new votes and games, some games moved on up ^.^
I'm curious, since when I looked on my 3DS, it said they were 5 bucks each. May pick them up on payday.

However, the official site says there are retail carts. Those being 5 bucks seems unlikely. Need more information on this.
I dont think theyre actual retail games, They may have been in japan or something. Theyre both 4.99 on the eshop when I check though. They do look interesting enough.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just skimmed the whole thread, and it looks like I never voted here. Huh. Anyway...

+1 Cave Story
+1 Fractured Soul
+1 Gunman Clive
+1 Liberation Maiden (not sure if this counts, since it's only on the eShop in the US, but available in a retail compilation in Japan, called Guild 01, I think)
+1 Mighty Switch Force
+1 Mutant Mudds
+1 Sakura Samurai
+1 VVVVVV

-1 Samurai Sword Destiny- It's a genuinely unfun beat-'em-up that consists mostly spamming your way forward with tedious touchscreen slashes (the only decent move in the game, honestly). Good soundtrack, great 3D effect, but the game itself is blah.

-1 Vector Racing- It's just really bland and repetitive. It could have been a budget, eShop replacement for F-Zero with an interesting visual style, but instead has almost no features, and nothing really determines your performance except hitting boost pads. It's a genuinely boring game in just about every way, except for its visual style (and even that loses its awe effect after about five minutes).

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, my apologies. I thought that was an essentials thread standard.
I'm to revolutionary for that B-)
In all seriousness, I tend to stay away from Minus votes just because I feel Not only to Biased opinions sometimes slip through, But I dont feel that a game should be moved down just because of one persons opinion. I'd rather stick with positive votes, or just have the person that doesn't like said game, not +1 said game.

Reactions: pokefloote

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
You could say the exact same thing about plus votes.
Yes except that people don't +1 just because, so it's uninteresting to see who +1'd, well to me at least. Having just pluses gives you an accurate number of the amount of people who voted.

The ideal solution would be to have the negative votes as a side thing.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes except that people don't +1 just because, so it's uninteresting to see who +1'd, well to me at least. Having just pluses gives you an accurate number of the amount of people who voted.

The ideal solution would be to have the negative votes as a side thing.
Are you sure about that? I can name at least one case in the 3DS retail thread (the one that I run), where someone plus 1'd a bunch of games they never played, because they "could already tell they were good without having played them." And that's just the one case where the person admitted it. Who knows how many others might've done it without admitting it.

I'm not disagreeing with Chavosaur's decision in this thread, as it's clearly up to him. But it makes no sense to say that including negative votes is any more inaccurate than just including positive votes is. Any argument you could make for negative votes... "it's not as accurate," "it's done just because," could easily apply to positive votes just as much.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure about that? I can name at least one case in the 3DS retail thread (the one that I run), where someone plus 1'd a bunch of games they never played, because they "could already tell they were good without having played them." And that's just the one case where the person admitted it. Who knows how many others might've done it without admitting it.

I'm not disagreeing with Chavosaur's decision in this thread, as it's clearly up to him. But it makes no sense to say that including negative votes is any more inaccurate than just including positive votes is. Any argument you could make for negative votes... "it's not as accurate," "it's done just because," could easily apply to positive votes just as much.
Never mind, I honestly didn't think someone would do that, I can see people voting negatives because they're haters but +1 too...?
Still, I don't like not being able to see the amount of upvotes/downvotes and just the final score (which was my original idea although not so well thought throughout before posting).

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, I honestly didn't think someone would do that, I can see people voting negatives because they're haters but +1 too...?
Still, I don't like not being able to see the amount of upvotes/downvotes and just the final score (which was my original idea although not so well thought throughout before posting).
That actually might really be a good idea for future essentials threads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...