Gaming Etrian Odyssey: The Millennium Girl

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the classic and story mode basically the same except for the cutscenes and such, or do they involve different dungeons--that is, are they different enough from each other that I'd have some reason to want to play both?

Also, I have not played the first Etrian Odyssey yet. Are there really significant differences between that and the Classic Mode of this, such that I might want to play both?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Have only tried the demo so can't tell the real difference between classic and story mode. However when it comes to mechanics the 3DS version is a completely different game. It does retain some of the same classes and combat options but their skills have been totally re-arranged so you'll have to use different approaches on each version.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of extra story elements, including an additional dungeon (Gladsheim). You're also getting two unique classes, which can only be unlocked for Classic by first completing the Story mode.

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If I could understand that quote, I wouldn't have asked. Does "the same as other entries" mean "has the same mechanics as other entries", "has the same story as other entries", "has the same graphics style as other entries", or "has the same dungeon layout as (one of the) other entries" (which is a weird way to phrase it but is possible), or some combination? Likewise when it says that story mode is completely new to the series, does "completely" mean "in all aspects" or does it mean "over all entries" (meaning that no other entry has a story mode, but some things in the story mode may exist in other games)? And if story mode is new to the series, does "new to the series" mean "new compared to previously released games" (which would permit it to include things repeated from classic mode)? Furthermore, what does it mean to say that story mode is similar to traditional RPGs when the whole series is a throwback to traditional games like Wizardry anyway--are they implying that some games cannot be traditional because they are too old?

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the classic and story mode basically the same except for the cutscenes and such, or do they involve different dungeons--that is, are they different enough from each other that I'd have some reason to want to play both?
Classic Mode and Story Mode are mostly the same.
As you may already know the biggest difference is the emphasis in story with preset characters in Story mode. Story mode also has 1-2 exclusive dungeons that can't be found in classic mode.
Also gunner and highlander aren't in classic mode. Been told you unlock them once you bear story mode.

AreAlso, I have not played the first Etrian Odyssey yet. Are there really significant differences between that and the Classic Mode of this, such that I might want to play both?
The original game had bugged skills that didn't work. Not only that but classic mode also has the new grimiore system that is new to Untold. Basically is dumbed down subclassing. So play untold's classic mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag