TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
TrolleyDave said:
And one last one to note, have you seen the Elm Street remake clips yet? They've changed Kruegers background story and the bloke they've got as him sucks pretty badly. None of the menace that Englund had.
Its supposed to be PG-13 or something...fuck it. This is the daddy of slashers, no way he can be toned down. There was no need to reboot, just get Freddy back to being menacing and thats it.

There was a few test screening reviews for it and they all say its beyond repair. They praise Jackie Earle Haley but say most of it is laughable.

To be honest I'll probably end up watching it anyway just to see what a hack job they've done of it. The clips I saw of Jackie Earle Hayley just didn't do it for me. He was good, but he's just got too much to live up to in my mind. Robert Englund was just so creepy and menacing in the first before they made the character a lovable rogue. He was the first horror film guy that I ever said "Fuck yeah, that's a proper creepy and evil character". The scene of him stood in the alleyway silhouetted with his arms outstretched will be forever burned in my mind!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damnit! I heard rumors that Jackie Earle Haley was in the helm, and i was so very excited. At least people are saying HE'S doing a good job. I'll still have tickets for opening week when it's released.

PS- Haley is phenomenal on Human Target. Which, in turn, is a pretty good show. Quite entertaining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol