Hacking EXCEPTION [DSI] OCCURRED! When using coverflow on WiiFlow

wwhtvd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I have a problem; yesterday i installed WiiFlow on my Wii. I did this to have a nicer way of playing emulators, with the coverflow function on WiiFlow. I had some problems here and there, I'm not that good at hacking and things like these, but I eventually got everything to work. The problems, however, started again today when I was putting more roms, and their respective covers, on my SD card. When I inserted my SD card with the new games into my Wii, which automatically boots up into the WiiFlow Source Menu, and clicked on the SNES emulator (snes9xgx) only about half of the roms were there and it was the same with the SEGA Genesis emulator (genplus-gx) and NES emulator (fceugx). After a long time of troubleshooting I found out that it had stored the roms that was on the SD card before I added the new ones (in the cache folder), so only the old ones would show up. I deleted these roms which were .wfc files and now everything was working again, except on the SEGA Genesis emulator (I think, I can't remember exactly which one it was). SO ... I had read that you could just click the "Reload Cache" button on WiiFlow instead of putting the SD Card in the computer and doing it manually like I did before, so I did that. THAT was when this black screen with lots of numbers saying "EXCEPTION [DS1] OCCURRED!" and something about "CODE DUMP" appeared, and it said "Reloading in 10 seconds ..." and then my WiiFlow rebooted into the Source Menu, like when I start up my Wii. I didn't think very much of it UNTIL I went in to the SEGA Genesis emulator to look for a game to play – I was swapping between the different coverflow display options to get a better one (I'm using the 8 bit playground theme) – and that was when it happened again. Now it happens all the time, especially on the genplus-gx (SEGA Genesis) emulator in WiiFlow, it happens almost immediately. But it also happened when I tried installing a different WiiFlow Forwarder Channel .wad file (on wadmanager 1.8). It also happened when I returned to WiiFlow from the NES emulator fceugx's menu when playing a NES rom. PLEASE can you help me explain what has happened/what i need to do to get rid of this error. I've almost put in 24 hours non-stop work into getting WiiFlow to work with the emulators and covers, I panic at the thought that all that was a waste of time cause I can no longer use it.

Just ask if you need any more info and I will try and answer as good as I can, I'm not that good at this stuff. THANKS A BUNCH

Edit: It's just on the SEGA Genesis genplus-gx emulator, the SNES emulator snes9xgx and NES emulator fceugx never has this error (except for once when I exited a game). So I'm thinking it has something to do with genplus-gx or the fact that I reloaded the cache (since that was when it happened the first time), but as I mention in the next sentence I've already "reinstalled" all of that (I might have missed something i don't know) so yeeeeaah, I'm just really confused here. I also forgot to mention that I've tried formatting the SD card aswell as reinstalling the WiiFlow channel and the cIOS's d2x-v10-beta52 for slot 249, d2x-v10-beta53alt for slot 250. I've tried almost everything I can think of so I'm more than thankful to hear your suggestions. Yeah, I started this account just to ask this – It's that important to me.

Edit 2: Now it happens on all the emulators cover flow, immediately. I tried uninstalling the WiiFlow Forwarder Channel but that didn't work either. It seemed to make it worse lol. Please help.

Last edited by wwhtvd,

wwhtvd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it was something with one or several of the cover files – I deleted all of them and now it works. I just have to hope it doesn't happen again...

Th3-Blu3BoMb3r

Mark D.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it was something with one or several of the cover files – I deleted all of them and now it works. I just have to hope it doesn't happen again...
Hey man I’m having this same exact problem right now with genplusgx in wiiflow it crashes and gets exception did you figure out the issue I’ve tried everything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/tech-industry/manufacturing/new-memory-demoed-running-at-600-degrees...