Hacking Question Exosphere doesnt boot with CTCaer's Hekate 3.0

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's 45% atmosphere + hbloader, 5% their XCI "iso mount" style piracy, and 50% 27 layers of encryption and decryption + SEVERAL "anti crack" checks that intentionally brick your device.

I'm 100% sure you made those numbers up.

GPLv2 applies in the case of the entire code being used or modified. It doesn't apply to just segments of it being used in anothers code string or if compiled with another persons code.

Not entirely. GPLv2 is like a free get out of jail free card. If you accept GPL and follow the terms then you have a license to copy what you want, otherwise you're taking the risk of a copyright infringement case. A copyright infringement case isn't a black/white thing. Depending on what country you are in, some code can't be copyrighted.

I suspect the atmosphere that is in SX OS can be copyrighted, so by avoiding the GPL license then they are infringing. But selling SX OS in the US/EU/Australia is illegal anyway, so I'm not sure what they have to lose.

Last edited by smf,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 100% sure you made those numbers up.
They're not entirely accurate but if you followed hexkyz tweets when reverse engineering it you'll get a rough idea it's not far off. The amount of obfuscation and encryption going on here to hide what the actual payload is (not just to keep it from being cracked) is beyond silly. And it's confirmed to be atmosphere + hbl. The only unique thing is their xci streaming to FS. Which is a small part even if it's the main function of interest.

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is why you don’t use a unfinished cfw. SX os is free for homebrew use if that’s all you want to use until atmosphere is actually finished
Free for homebrew, gtfoh, you mean homebrew created by developers that don't want their homebrew to be compatible with sx?

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fearmongered lol

I know right people seem salty as hell its almost as if they can't afford I so they have to be against or simply just wanna hate something for no good reason as if they read people say this and
Free for homebrew, gtfoh, you mean homebrew created by developers that don't want their homebrew to be compatible with sx?

It rather hard to write homebrew and not be compatible with SX as most of the librarys of codec created for the switch are the same and if your a dev making a piece of code that not compatible only could ruine your credibility when people start using it on SX and have there shit brick cause of your choice to make it intentionally that way.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're not entirely accurate but if you followed hexkyz tweets when reverse engineering it you'll get a rough idea it's not far off. The amount of obfuscation and encryption going on here to hide what the actual payload is (not just to keep it from being cracked) is beyond silly. And it's confirmed to be atmosphere + hbl. The only unique thing is their xci streaming to FS. Which is a small part even if it's the main function of interest.

I did follow his tweets, we have a saying here "over egging the pudding".

I'm not saying they didn't take code, but belittling their contribution that much without any hard facts just comes across as sour grapes.

It rather hard to write homebrew and not be compatible with SX

It is when the homebrew part of SX is mostly the free stuff and any change you make to lock SX out, they can just release a new update with the latest free stuff compiled in.

Last edited by smf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8