Homebrew Extract a theme from HBC save?

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to extract a Homebrew Channel theme from the save file? I've got a theme installed, but I seem to no longer have the apps folder for it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In theory, it should be possible. But I'm not sure how the HBC save file works, so I'm not sure exactly how you would do it. My first instinct would be to extract the save with something like Savegame Manager GX, so that you get the decrypted version (or you could copy it with the System Menu to the SD card and decrypt it manually, but that's more hassle). Then have a look at the file(s) and see if it's some kind of archive or something, and if so extract it and have a look.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'll definitely give it a shot. Gotta get the Megaman Theme I promised off of my church's Wii, because I apparently didn't keep the source files. Idiot, I know, but I was erring on the side of caution, limiting what was on the Youth group's SD card to only what was absolutely necessary.

EDIT: [Farnsworth voice] Good news everyone! Extracting the Homebrew Channel save file yields three files, one of which is the theme.zip of the current theme! All I need to do is make a new icon.png, a new meta.xml, and then repack it. Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...