Hacking ROM Hack Extracting game assets from iOS Marmalade SDK game .group.bin files

Eggcecutioner821

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, I'm looking to extract assets from a Marmalade SDK engine game built for iOS such as (models, maps, textures, sounds, and animations) from compressed grouped files that I have located within the .ipa file. The no longer available Marmalade SDK engine appears to group multiple files and compress them into one singular file, sometimes even with child groups as well. I have looked for previous attempts to extract from these files and have found some results, for more info such as the download link for the game files and or pages of related info please direct message me (because it won't let me post links rn) (files included are the extracted .ipa file and extracted .dz file with the game .group.bin files), any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!

Eggcecutioner821

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone, I'm looking to extract assets from a Marmalade SDK engine game built for iOS such as (models, maps, textures, sounds, and animations) from compressed grouped files that I have located within the .ipa file. The no longer available Marmalade SDK engine appears to group multiple files and compress them into one singular file, sometimes even with child groups as well. I have looked for previous attempts to extract from these files and have found some results, for more info such as the download link for the game files and or pages of related info please direct message me (because it won't let me post links rn) (files included are the extracted .ipa file and extracted .dz file with the game .group.bin files), any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!
hey guys, I've tried to crack these files and have had no luck so far, so I decided to the first person who is able to help crack the files for me I will cashapp/venmo you around $30 (open to negotiations), thank you for reading and have a nice day!

Last edited by Eggcecutioner821,

Eggcecutioner821

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I've been analyzing the files in question today, I'm not too experienced with this so please bear with me, but I have found some interesting results, using the python script "decodecsv.py" from clanners repository "simcitybuildit" (another game which uses the same engine) on GitHub, I found that there are sections of file types located within the archive, I've attempted to use 3d model researcher and some texture finding apps using the hex data of the file but I must be missing something because I haven't come up with anything but inconclusive results, the sections in question I found with the python script from clanner have magic I can't seem to pinpoint what kind of file they could be, magic such as "f28c4cbf" "1d1863c1" "ba2f39b9" and so on, there are "e1ccafe2" magic located within some of the archives which clanner points out on the GitHub as being 3d model data but all attempts I've tried with 3d model researcher on these areas have been personally futile, I'm pretty new to this so I bet the answer is probably right in front of me or I'm not using something right but I can't seem to figure this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/xTMahZFtzeg?si=XLWqteD42-g6dts9