Hacking EZ Flash IV sdmini starwars help

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my card I can't get seem to get Ninja Five-0 to work. It has Revenge of the Sith menu themeing. I saw a tip to press select and rebuild the NOR or something but I am not sure what it did. Since I tried that sometimes the file manager loads wonky. I gave up and deleted to rom from my SD and then one time I pressed a button trying to get the wonky file manager to work and Ninja FIve-0 loaded and was working. So I know it works I just can't figure out how to get my EZ flash to run it reliably.

Also I can't figure out how to get Mario vs Donkey Kong to have saves. It has an error when I load it saying it doesnt have flash hardware.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On my card I can't get seem to get Ninja Five-0 to work. It has Revenge of the Sith menu themeing. I saw a tip to press select and rebuild the NOR or something but I am not sure what it did. Since I tried that sometimes the file manager loads wonky. I gave up and deleted to rom from my SD and then one time I pressed a button trying to get the wonky file manager to work and Ninja FIve-0 loaded and was working. So I know it works I just can't figure out how to get my EZ flash to run it reliably.

Also I can't figure out how to get Mario vs Donkey Kong to have saves. It has an error when I load it saying it doesnt have flash hardware.
which firmware version are you running? If you're using <2.00 you need to use the EZClient to patch your games for saving

Regarding Ninja Five-O: try launching the game with the button comibination "L+A" - This invokes a soft reset before the game starts and might help here.

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks,firmware says v 1.720

How do I know where to get proper update files? EZ flash IV website only said micro SD version EZ flash IV, is it the same as mini?

Ninja five 0 didnt work with L A

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The EZ-Flash IV, EZ-Flash IV micro SD and the EZ-Flash Reform are pretty much identical, hardware wise. You can use any EZ-Flash IV/Reform firmware on your card.

starting with version 1.75 the EZ-Flash Team has added SDHC compatibility which in turn greatly reduces compatibility with non-SDHC card so your current SD card will most likely not work anymore after updating to a higher version and you will have to get a SDHC microSD card and a miniSD Adapter for loading ROMs. However, the bootloader of your card will remain untouched and incompatible with SDHC cards so you will need to keep your non-SDHC card for updating the firmware
(in short: SDHC card to load your games, non-SDHC card if you ever want to flash a different firmware)

I just tried Ninja Cop (the european name for Ninja Five-O) on my EZ-Flash IV and it works just fine. You might just have a bad ROM. Make sure your ROM has one of the following checksums (before running it through the EZ-Client):

Code:
0925 - Ninja Cop (Europe)
CRC32: C14295B1
MD5: 8F71CC21F97599F376B71A0953DB1847     
SHA-1: 0CFE2BCBF256299060BC4EAC51C4DAD8CED9939D

Code:
1045 - Ninja Five-0 (USA)
CRC32: EB3954C6
MD5: 04244F72A9B8F17EE33E0B5BFF2B8B1F     
SHA-1: 3BC5789035C7400283B121E9FB3801AAFAE55364

blaisedinsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I ordered a micro sd to mini sd adapter so I can upgrade my flash cart.

I tested my roms on PSP and WII U GBA emulators and both ninja five o and mario vs donkey kong work so its a flashcart issue.

Ok, updated and I guess I did not need the adapter because it still reads my miniSD card I used to update it. Maybe I will try the bigger microSD in the adapter too. Both games work after updating but I was sort of fond of the ROTS theme previous

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, we just talked like 2 hours ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had the Goodyear blimp fly real low right over my house this morning, was weird out of nowhere looking up and seeing it that close up. Memorial golf tourney going on by me in Dublin Ohio and its there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tried the gdevelop mobile app and theres a event limit and you have to pay to add more events
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never used the mobile or online versions, just the pc version.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only use the online version
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was at the bar for 1 hour and lost $40 playing pool, and said well that's enough for my unlucky day, better quit. Some sharks up there today.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, did you get drunk?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I don't drink much when i goto bar, cause I driving, or if/when I do, ill take a uber/cab home. But I'm working on it now tho I'm home, beer n whiskey shots today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's afraid he might wake up next to ancientboi the next day
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a "Scared Straight" moment that would be.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: What a "Scared Straight" moment that would be.