EZ Flash Omega - Quiet buzzing when loading games, Emerald suddenly has "dry battery"

wygolvillage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if these are noob questions:

Hello, I just want to make sure my cart is acting "normal". I received it a couple years ago and played with it using my old DS Lite which is now broken, so now I'm using a GBA SP that I recieved very recently. I started to notice that when loading up the main menu and when loading games I will hear a light buzzing noise from my GBA (which stops when the game is loaded), I don't remember if the DS Lite ever played this noise while I was using the cart. Additionally, my Emerald ROM suddenly started having the message about the internal battery running dry. (I had played it a few times on my SP and didn't have that issue, and while it is normal for Gen 3 Pokemon to have issues with the battery/RTC I just want to make sure this isn't a sign that my flashcart is about to explode or something lol)

So basically, do I have to worry about the buzzing, and do I have to worry about if the battery in the cart is dead? I assume it's just used for RTC and the cart can function without it, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The buzzing is normal, the audio filtering on the GBA consoles isn't as good as on the DS. As for the battery, that could be a sign that the battery in the EZ Flash itself is running dry, can you still set a date in the settings (using L and R to swap screens) and does the date persist when you turn power off and leave it off for a minute or two?
If the cart itself can't hold the correct date anymore then there's your problem, and you'll have to replace the battery on the cart for it to work in Emerald again.

wygolvillage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I'm glad the sound is normal then!

Testing changing the date, and the date change seems to persist, but around when the internal battery message appeared the date seemed to have been reset to a generic "first of january 2000" date. If the battery only effects RTC then that's fine as I don't really care too much about the time features, I just wanted to make sure it didn't indicate anything more serious or cause damage to the game(s), etc. Emerald seems to be otherwise normal and fine and I have a backup of the save so I won't worry too hard about it. After this I turned off RTC anyway just in case.

Thank you so much for the quick reply :D

Last edited by wygolvillage,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto