Saw this on 4chan, the blog updated.

Here's what the anon posted:

some anon said:
Now, my french isnt exactly good, but the gif does translate as

>"BotW Cancelled?"
>"Ah ha ha!"
>"Sorry, I had to!"
>"Bravo, (gaming) journalism!)"

And the picture below says the french equivalent to Clickbait (Literally, "Click Whore")

What do you guys think? I call it hoax. Maybe to see how many gaming journalism would make news based on a small blog rumor?

And why the sudden French if this was a Japanese blog (allegedly)?

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your argument is that Nintendo has advertised a game that they may have cancelled for one of the systems that they're selling it for. Sure that is true. The other part of your argument is that all the people that bought a Wii U months or even years ahead of time specifically for the yet to be released game will feel cheated out of their money. Well you may feel cheated, but the fact that you bought the system that far ahead of time is not Nintendo's fault and as such, if you really believe that somehow you have a class-action lawsuit on your hands because the Wii U version might get cancelled, you'd be sorely mistaken, it is not Nintendo's fault you bought the system so far ahead of time to play one yet to be released game, that fault falls entirely on you. And that is where you get to the fact that you simply are wrong about this being grounds for a class-action lawsuit. I'm almost hoping it doesn't come to the Wii u at this point, just so when you try to get a class-action lawsuit going, you see how quickly that would end up going nowhere.

if Nintendo said it's cancelled it's (probably) cancelled . if not then no . now give it a rest.

@jimbo13 . this isn't the first time this has happened , and it won't be the last . your not the only person who feels cheated at this point . but if you want to take a company like NINTENDO to court .....you're gonna get burned , badly .

Uh hu...

ea_zpsa1067704.jpg

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly does this prove?

That fanbois rant like bumbling retards all the time in defense of video game companies without even understanding basic things like false advertising, I heard the same shit out of you idiots when I joined the PS3 class action.

Exact same shit.

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That fanbois rant like bumbling retards all the time in defense of video game companies without even understanding basic things like false advertising, I heard the same shit out of you idiots when I joined the PS3 class action.

Exact same shit.
the letter you so kindly submited was from a lawsuit regarding E.A games monopoly on football games and has nothing to do with the current topic . in other words Nintendo . the people who filed the lawsuit had an actual basis for it , unlike you.
so anyone who doesn't agree to you're point of view is immediately a fanboy , cute.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exact same shit.

I'm not defending Nintendo here. The Wii U version being cancelled would be a major bummer to me personally. However, I'm just being realistic here, I can see the game being cancelled for the Wii U and it wouldn't surprise me, and that a class action lawsuit over such a title being cancelled would be immediately dismissed. That's just reality, it is what it is.

Last edited by duffmmann,

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I absolutely love how no one at any forum or gaming media outlet has said anything about the blog's update. Guess the clickbait money is a great income source.

giphy.gif

316521allezhop.jpg

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it originating from the same place that the original rumor first dropped?
Exact same place, which is why I'm actually shocked no one has said a thing. Can now confirm "Clic salope" does mean "Click whore" the french equivalent to clickbait, anon is correct.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exact same place, which is why I'm actually shocked no one has said a thing. Can now confirm "Clic salope" does mean "Click whore" the french equivalent to clickbait, anon is correct.

Well I saw you said something about it being posted on 4chan, thats why I wanted to verify. That's seriously great news. Its a pretty damn believable rumor given the current state of the Wii U and so many other games jumping ship from the Wii U to only the Switch. (Plus, the framerate definitely doesn't seem up to par with the Switch version, but does still seem serviceable from everything we've seen thus far).

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the letter you so kindly submited was from a lawsuit regarding E.A games monopoly on football games and has nothing to do with the current topic . in other words Nintendo . the people who filed the lawsuit had an actual basis for it , unlike you.
so anyone who doesn't agree to you're point of view is immediately a fanboy , cute.
It's not a Point of view, it's 15 U.S. Code 54. And false advertisement is not legal, if I bought a Wii-U for BoW because Nintendo advertised that it would be available that is actionable. The only point of views I see here are you arm chair CEOs discussing business decisions and what you think would be a bummer.

Nintendo cannot keep money based on a false statement, there is no well there a video game company clause. Sony had stronger legal footing over Linux, I am getting a check for that to sometime in February.

I'm ignoring you autists now.

Last edited by jimbo13,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a Point of view, it's 15 U.S. Code 54. And false advertisement is not legal, if I bought a Wii-U for BoW because Nintendo advertised that it would be available that is actionable. The only point of views I see here are you arm chair CEOs discussing business decisions and what you think would be a bummer.

Nintendo cannot keep money based on a false statement, there is no well there a video game clause. Sony had stronger legal footing over Linux, I am getting a check for that to sometime in February.

I'm ignoring you autists now.

But your whole argument is that Nintendo would have been directly keeping money from the false statement. And that's where the idea for such a lawsuit falls apart. You didn't buy the game, if you did preorder it, you would have been refunded. So you make it about the money you indirectly paid for the game by investing in the Wii U, but again when you're doing that for one yet to be released game months down the road, it falls on you. That's just the reality of it all and any judge would see it that way as well and dismiss the suit immediately.

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I saw you said something about it being posted on 4chan, thats why I wanted to verify. That's seriously great news. Its a pretty damn believable rumor given the current state of the Wii U and so many other games jumping ship from the Wii U to only the Switch. (Plus, the framerate definitely doesn't seem up to par with the Switch version, but does still seem serviceable from everything we've seen thus far).
You can check the "source" of this rumor right away, the entire post was revamped to mock the gaming journalism with the gif I posted earlier:

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kojiparapa/e/0b8be29cf77f169d3cd7bd2912ea8303

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this not a Wii U game first and then a port to Switch?

Similar to how Twilight Princess was a GameCube game first but ported to Wii?

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So is this not a Wii U game first and then a port to Switch?

Similar to how Twilight Princess was a GameCube game first but ported to Wii?
It's the exact same scenario as Twilight Princess' original release. Most likely, BotW for Wii U might come out a bit after the Switch release (and maybe even have less glitches as a result)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A