*Fake, Probably* Breath of the Wild for WiiU Cancelled

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
It's the exact same scenario as Twilight Princess' original release. Most likely, BotW for Wii U might come out a bit after the Switch release (and maybe even have less glitches as a result)
The thing about TP is that both the Wii and GC had the same hardware or were very very very close. The switch and Wii u are totally different or so the rumors are letting us to believe.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the exact same scenario as Twilight Princess' original release. Most likely, BotW for Wii U might come out a bit after the Switch release (and maybe even have less glitches as a result)

Well not exactly. The Gamecube and Wii versions of Twilight Princess had differences. The Wii map was mirrored entirely making Link right handed instead of the standard left so as to allow for Wii only motion controls. Meanwhile, it appears that Breath of the Wild is the exact same game on both the Wii U and the Switch, while I guess a difference lies in the controllers and where the ABXY and right analog stick falls, but beyond that little difference the games play exactly the same. I had thought and hoped that the Wii U version would have some exclusive gamepad features such as a constant display of the map and the ability to do on-the-go inventory managment, but from what I've heard these aren't implemented into Breath of the Wild despite Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD doing so. My guess for the reason for this would be because the game is already a drain on the Wii U and the Wii U struggles to have as nice and fluid of FPS as the Switch version that implementing such Gamepad features likely would have slowed it down even more.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well not exactly. The Gamecube and Wii versions of Twilight Princess had differences. The Wii map was mirrored entirely making Link right handed instead of the standard left so as to allow for Wii only motion controls. Meanwhile, it appears that Breath of the Wild is the exact same game on both the Wii U and the Switch, while I guess a difference lies in the controllers and where the ABXY and right analog stick falls, but beyond that little difference the games play exactly the same. I had thought and hoped that the Wii U version would have some exclusive gamepad features such as a constant display of the map and the ability to do on-the-go inventory managment, but from what I've heard these aren't implemented into Breath of the Wild despite Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD doing so. My guess for the reason for this would be because the game is already a drain on the Wii U and the Wii U struggles to have as nice and fluid of FPS as the Switch version that implementing such Gamepad features likely would have slowed it down even more.
The Wii U exclusive gamepad features were included, but because of the switch portage, nintendo have remove them.
Here the proof:
At 45 seconds

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The thing about TP is that both the Wii and GC had the same hardware or were very very very close. The switch and Wii u are totally different or so the rumors are letting us to believe.
I am aware. However, the Wii U version is the "master version", so to speak. For the sake of a comparison, take Epic Mickey 2 for example. Despite it coming out for HD consoles, the Wii version was the "master version", from which the HD renditions were made from, and the "master version" wasnt cancelled despite the Wii's lifespan being over by the time it came out.

My guess for the reason for this would be because the game is already a drain on the Wii U and the Wii U struggles to have as nice and fluid of FPS as the Switch version that implementing such Gamepad features likely would have slowed it down even more.
My guess is that BotW will run at 30fps like TPHD and WWHD, while it might run at 60 on Switch. That's just my guess though, really, all footage we've seen is hyper-compressed twitch streams.

Reactions: RealityNinja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1