Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This one could be Nintendo's worst nightmare, if true. The details aren't all that clear, but we're hearing that a group is claiming that they've already gotten their hands on a 3DS, and after spending some time with it, they're quite sure that they can create a flash cart for the device. As you know, this would open up the platform to piracy, which is something Nintendo is trying desperately to stave off. Let's hope this one just stays rumor. Thanks to Lui for the heads up. Link: http://www.gamrade.com/article-523-1.html
Source : GoNintendo

Waytofind

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ha, I was just reading that over at GoNintendo and I was telling myself "I would have read about it on GBAtemp if it was remotely plausible already"

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Although I don't believe it, I badly hope it isn't true. If a flashcard is out this early in the 3DS's lifespan, developers are going to start to go away, and nintendo will lose money fast.

HaniKazmi said:
There aint any games (and i seriously doubt they managed to steal one), so there is no way this could be true.
How does there not being any games, mean this isn't true?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All I can say is
rofl.gif

Yeah I will believe it when I see it.
Pics or it didn't happen!

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Although I don't believe it, I badly hope it isn't true. If a flashcard is out this early in the 3DS's lifespan, developers are going to start to go away, and nintendo will lose money fast.

HaniKazmi said:
There aint any games (and i seriously doubt they managed to steal one), so there is no way this could be true.
How can they check if they can bypass the security if they dont have any roms to run?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
HaniKazmi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

HaniKazmi said:
How can they check if they can bypass the security if they dont have any roms to run?
How about running homebrew on it?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

HaniKazmi said:
Running basic unsigned code on the device?

This is bullcrap. The way the 3DS will work with more flash memory built in and an SD card slot I hope any hacks will be for the actual system menu rather than another bloomin' flashcart. I don't like people profitting from piracy. It makes sense on the DS since it has no other means of getting data in than the cart slot.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
HaniKazmi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

HaniKazmi said:

This is bullcrap. The way the 3DS will work with more flash memory built in and an SD card slot I hope any hacks will be for the actual system menu rather than another bloomin' flashcart. I don't like people profitting from piracy. It makes sense on the DS since it has no other means of getting data in than the cart slot.
As far as i can tell, they're claiming that they have games working though.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
Jamstruth said:
HaniKazmi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

HaniKazmi said:

And I've claimed on numerous occasions to be God.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
HaniKazmi said:
I am willing to bet, their claims are fake.
I doubt they were able to steal one and even if they did I doubt it even had any of the firmware installed on it.

I think we desire hard evidence of this "cracked 3DS." Otherwise it's just more prof that they didn't do shit and just made it up.

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the only thing this team has cracked is a joke. Where's the proof they even have a 3DS. Surely in this age of youtube and cell phone video it only takes minutes to provide solid proof unless of course you're talking out of your ass.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fireballo said:
Sounds like the only thing this team has cracked is a joke. Where's the proof they even have a 3DS. Surely in this age of youtube and cell phone video it only takes minutes to provide solid proof unless of course you're talking out of your ass.

Well they could be trying to keep things on the low until the system is actually released next month. Why show Nintendo your hand, only for them to counter before the system is out? I say, go ahead and bluff it out for a while. This is great news!

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3DS isn't even out yet, so it's probably fake, since I doubt some wannabe hackers managed to get one this early.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...