OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPu7snXaXyc[/youtube]​

The Turnabout Musical project, famous for being the first project of it's kind not shut down after being contacted by a game company, has taken a huge step forward today. The people gathered at ICON in Stony Brook NY got to be the first of the public to see key frame animations for the opening number "August Day".

Turnabout musical has been in the works for nearly three years now originating on the Court-Records fansite and later migrating to it's own site to accommodate the size of the project. It is unique in that the production leaders have been contacted by Capcom about the project, but instead of issuing a Cease and Desist Capcom sought more info about the project and expressed interest helping with getting the project officially licensed.

icon11.gif
ICON guest page for the Project
icon11.gif
Turnabout Musical's Website

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
instead of issuing a Cease and Desist Capcom sought more info about the project and expressed interest helping with getting the project officially licensed

Good move, capcom. Your PR is gonna skyrocket if you keep this stuff up, not that it was ever bad in the first place.

There was still those japanese PW musicals where everyone was played by a girl before this, though, right?

This looks better than that.

Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to do this personal part separate. This musical has been a big part of my life since I found it about two years ago. I'm proud that I can even say that I have a minor connection to this project (I wrote the words for 2 of the 30 songs in the final cut) and I'm proud of the team for achieving this, I just wish I could have been there. This project is special not just because of what they accomplished as far as the whole Capcom goes, but because they have actually gotten something like this together when only a few of the team members have ever met face to face, this is an entirely internet based project.

So once again, grats to the team for making this "colossal waste of time" into something amazing.

personuser said:
QUOTE said:
instead of issuing a Cease and Desist Capcom sought more info about the project and expressed interest helping with getting the project officially licensed

Good move, capcom. Your PR is gonna skyrocket if you keep this stuff up, not that it was ever bad in the first place.

There was still those japanese PW musicals where everyone was played by a girl before this, though, right?

This was actually started about a year before those musicals were announced.
Capcom contacted us not long after the whole Legend of Zelda movie thing happened that Nintendo shut down. It was a frightening time when we were told we had been contacted by capcom, but thankfully that didn't last long. XD

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donald Serrot said:
Warrior522 said:
... Mind = FUCKING NUKED. HOLY SHIT, CAPCOM'S IN ON THIS TOO?!?

Just enough to give their blessing, outside that it's entirely fans.

But it's CAPCOM. That alone makes this an amazing feat. 83

Damn I wish I could help... I love the Ace Attorney series...

Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:

lol true, true.

They are in the process of starting on the second game's musical, and the work on this musical isn't done yet. I'm sure if you head over to their forums they may have something you can help with, even spreading the word helps!
biggrin.gif

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donald Serrot said:
Warrior522 said:

lol true, true.

They are in the process of starting on the second game's musical, and the work on this musical isn't done yet. I'm sure if you head over to their forums they may have something you can help with, even spreading the word helps!
biggrin.gif

Word spreading = will do.
yaynds.gif

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
personuser said:
QUOTE said:

Yeah cause those Takarazuka productions were mostly original characters + original storyline, only using some capcom's characters. IMO, most of them were pretty OOC in there. (Except Maya)

Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
FlameTakuya said:
Yeah cause those Takarazuka productions were mostly original characters + original storyline, only using some capcom's characters. IMO, most of them were pretty OOC in there. (Except Maya)
Ind don't forget that it broke the canon of the story. There was absolutely nowhere they could fit with ho tight Capcom made the timeline.
wink.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are they making this as a flash animation or did they chose to keep the quality low to fit in with the games?

EDIT: Low quality probably the wrong wording, lo-fi maybe? Shit, I'm sure you know what I mean after this edit anyhows.

Donald Serrot

OP
Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
No, this is just key frames, think of it as a high quality storyboard using the actual frames instead of quick sketches. We are treating this as if it was an actual professional made production, this is still early on in the animation process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1