Gaming Far Cry 2 Map Creations

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just post the name of your map where we can rate it in this thread!

My map is called Forts n Pipes 3b. The 3b part is what version it's at (it's been through 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a... up to 3b - quite a lot of changes!). Even though it's a small and pretty simple map it took me ages to get it to where it is now!

To download specific maps, I think there's a 'search custom map' option in the downloads section of the map community where you can type in the map name. My gamertag is Aquilina.

Post your creations here or even post your recommended maps here.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
booted up the map creator today, put down two buildings then said to myself, "You know you can either spend ages making a crap map then give up after wasting loads of time or give up now?".
I then closed it down and never opened it again. Don't think I ever will.

Just don't have the creativity or patience to make a map in any kind of map creator. Shame, I'd love to do it as well :\.

Anyone else find that btw, or is it just me?

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright ackers. I tried tried out your map Forts n Pipes (think it was your 4th revision). That secret pipe that goes under the water, connecting the two bases; is pretty good. Only thing i can suggest is to change the time of day / bring down the stormy weather conditions since it's too dark.

Anyway, here's my contribution, made it a week or 2 ago. It took one LONG night/morning to make (+ a little creative stimuli...
wink.gif
).
It's called "Sandy Cove" and is kind of a homage to one of the original Far Cry (PC) multiplayer maps.

Check it out if you get the chance (It's only good for DM & TDM, had to change the DM spawn points after a few complaints, now their fixed).

And Trolly, once you get acquainted with the map tools you might find yourself churning out a few nice maps? Though you did mention you don't have any creative patience, you also mentioned that you'd love to do it as well...

So why not get stuck in, eh?

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I've updated my map to version 4a now (I never stop refining it lol) and I've made the secret pipes a lot shorter so you don't have to spend 5mins getting from one end to the other.
tongue.gif
I will make sure to make it lighter next time.
smile.gif

I'll give your map a try today.

Anyone else, don't be afraid to give the map editor a try! You can make anything with that thing if you put your mind to it! I've played Titanic, a Star Wars map and Jurassic Park and other maps you wouldn't think were possible and they're all brilliant. It's like playing a completely different game!

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, i've updated my map to "Sandy Cove 2"; if you had checked out the last one you'll now notice a vast improvement.
Well... while the level itself is essentially the same i added something large in the middle.

One complaint i kept hearing is that people who weren't sniping were at a disadvantage since it's such an open level, so i added a huge walkway made out of quays that connect the two islands, providing some much needed sniper cover.

One thing that really pisses me off is the snap-to effect that occurs when your trying to place items (like fences for instance) next to each other, sometimes it's handy, but most of the time it's a pain. Some items don't line up properly so you have to spend ages glitching or trying to find another item that "fits". Any idea how to disable it?

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To disable auto-snap you just go press start in the editor and choose settings. It can be a pain sometimes! I'll give your map a try now actually.

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
ackers said:
To disable auto-snap you just go press start in the editor and choose settings. It can be a pain sometimes! I'll give your map a try now actually.

Cheers, that's saves me a lot of hassle!

EDIT:
Map updated, it's the final -> "Sandy Cove 4".
Fixed all the snap-to problems and added some detail objects. 100% of memory is taken up, so there won't be any more changes.

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried your map when it was version 2 but no one joined my match. No one ever joins my lobbies.
frown.gif

My map is at 4b now - just a few fixes here and there and new signs.. pretty much final now. I have plans for new maps.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8