Hacking Fatal Frame 4 English Translation Patch

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure he wasn't lying about it?
Some people sometimes post links of what they want to claim it as, and remove it later because they know it's fake, IE another file or some other BS.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Teny said:
You sure he wasn't lying about it?
Some people sometimes post links of what they want to claim it as, and remove it later because they know it's fake, IE another file or some other BS.

That could be it. It's a torrent site, and it could have been someone pulling a leg, but I doubt it. It was from a good uploader on the site.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could very easily have been legit, since there's nothing stopping someone from replacing the files. That said... there are A LOT of files to replace.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep getting same error as everyone else, but im not on win7, I'm on Vista Ultimate SP2 32-bit

LookupError: unknown encoding: mbcs
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "downloader.py", line 5, in
File "tkFileDialog.pyo", line 43, in
File "tkCommonDialog.pyo", line 11, in
File "Tkinter.pyo", line 38, in
File "FixTk.pyo", line 54, in
File "FixTk.pyo", line 23, in convert_path
LookupError: unknown encoding: mbcs

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the same error too, so I'm going to just try to do it from my Wii. However, I finished DL the patch about an hour ago, and right now, I am clearing space on my SD cards and transferring files.

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i installed it, said everything was ok, and then when i try to run it again i got a "An exception (ISI) occurred". Anyone got any ideas ? And would anyone know what i should delete using Any Title Deleter to try reinstalling it ?

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked after trying putting a lot of copies of the files all over the sdcard the lazy way lol. The thing is, there're 2 "Zero4" folders, the one you use as a app and the one that has the translation contents. First goes to the apps and the latter to the root.

TempusC

OP
Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
The Cosutme pack was a typo - it’s 14 mb, not 44 mb. Oops.

The site that had it uploaded was maybe a fake - It would take at least two hours for someone on a fast computer to build the game by the fastest way I know, and that’s only IF they had the original ISO lying around, knew exactly what to do, and had an upload speed equivalent to the Gods. But the thought is nice.

I rate the chances of CIOScorp working very low. The big names in the Wii scene all agree it’s s***.

The Downloader.exe does not work in 64 bit Windows 7. It’s a python script, so if you install python 2.6, you can run the "linux” version via the command line. Navigate to the directory and type “python Downloader.py” if you’re into that.

If not, I’m not really sure how to go about making a fix right now. If someone else with py2exe can make a more compatible executable, that would be fantastic. Requires only python 2.6 and tk/tcl (for use with tkinter).

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that cIOSCORP does not work, or at least v3.6. I tried it out to see if my friend could play it also since he doesn't have a copy, but I guess not.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Teny said:
I can confirm that cIOSCORP does not work, or at least v3.6. I tried it out to see if my friend could play it also since he doesn't have a copy, but I guess not.
maybe for now. though cannot confirm that it really doesn't work for i do not have yet the copy of the game.

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You planning on trying it out with cIOSCORP too?
It runs normally from the disc channel using the back up disc, but it will eject the disc when trying to run it through the patch loader.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
metroid4life14 said:
I'm not a very experienced hacker or anything, but couldn't you just open the iso with wiiscrubber and replace the respective partitions with the translated ones?

I am trying to do that, but it takes for ever to replace all the files from the patch with the ones from iso, one by one. Is there a way you can open a wii iso and cut n paste several files at once?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Teny said:
You planning on trying it out with cIOSCORP too?
It runs normally from the disc channel using the back up disc, but it will eject the disc when trying to run it through the patch loader.
i see. so the disc channel runs the backup of this game. problem will arise only if run through the patch loader then. thanks for clarifying. i do not need the english patch. just info if the backup of this game could run off cioscorp. thanks again.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
misteromar said:
metroid4life14 said:
I'm not a very experienced hacker or anything, but couldn't you just open the iso with wiiscrubber and replace the respective partitions with the translated ones?

I am trying to do that, but it takes for ever to replace all the files from the patch with the ones from iso, one by one. Is there a way you can open a wii iso and cut n paste several files at once?
Look close at the WiiScrubber 1.40-Package. There's a simple solution, which I'm not going to tell. This patch was made for retail discs, so live with it, or find the way around for yourself.

P.s: I'm going to make a Video and start promoting it, I guess
smile.gif
. Finaly it's out, many thanks at the Team
grog.gif
!!!

spgomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Look close at the WiiScrubber 1.40-Package. There's a simple solution, which I'm not going to tell. This patch was made for retail discs, so live with it, or find the way around for yourself.

You know, I'm not sure who you think you are or, or why you think you deserve the right to act like a jerk, but I'm sure it wont take long for someone to figure a way around using the retail disc.

So I guess what I'm saying is, you can take your crap attitude and your simple solution and shove it up you know where.

I don't know why these people these feel they have the right to act like an a-hole, but you're not fooling anyone.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
misteromar said:
metroid4life14 said:

P.s: I'm going to make a Video and start promoting it, I guess
smile.gif
. Finaly it's out, many thanks at the Team
grog.gif
!!!

You mean the Wii partition builder? I have no clue how to use, is the only problem.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bannerbomb is bundled in the installer downloads. I know it's more convenient that way, but the creator asks that people link to it instead of include it in their own downloads.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using WIIScrubber, extract the following from Partition:2 - Data into a new folder

apploader.img
bi2.bin
boot.bin
main.dol
partition.bin

Extract the entire Partition:2 - Data into another new folder

Copy the patch files into the matching locations in the 2nd folder where the entire partition:2 was extracted

Using partition builder, load the 5 files from the 1st folder created into their respective place then select the build option (source file directory = folder 2)

Using WIIScrubber again, load the partition you just built into Partition:2 - Data on the iso of the original image

But... keep in mind that when copying the patch files over into the 2nd folder... currently you will have to choose between the 2 font folders. Each has it's benefits and quirks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No I just hate you