Hacking FBI - failed to install cia

nosoyFEaDDiCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What are you going on about?

Because I have had the same problem, same error, and downloaded the file from many different sources.

In all the years since I have 3DS, it is the only CIA that has given me that error. I know there are other CIAs that have given the same problem, several in this same thread, but I only speak from my experience.

Unfortunately I have tried everything recommended here and it seems to be a bad CIA file, a shame.

Last edited by nosoyFEaDDiCT,

StrikeFour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That's normally caused by a bad download, or having a bad ticket for the title already installed. Quickest solution if it's a bad ticket is open FBI, go to Tickets, find the game titleid, press "A" and select Delete Ticket. Then try re-installing the CIA file.

If that doesn't work, it may be a bad CIA file.
I did the same to erase the Title ID, but it gives me the same error, (this with Monster hunter generations), when it only has 5 seconds left, I get that error

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I delete the Ticket and then the game?
Is this a question or a response about what you did? You need to do that in FBI, and search through "Titles" until you find it, and click "delete ticket" before you delete the game.

StrikeFour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Nice! It finally worked, thanks a lot ^o^

Just in case someone has the same problem Ill post what I did:

- Had SD problems becouse it timed out whenever I try to put the .cia file
- So I renamed it to a shorter name like MH4EUR.cia, now doesn't give any errors
- I put the .cia on sd and go into FBI 2.2.1
- Do what drakia told me, remove the ticket for my ID, in this case 0004000000126100, should be something like this
- Install the .cia without removing it and should work
Bro, how did you make it work for you? I try to do your same steps but still it gives me the same error

In my case, I am trying to install the Monster hunter generations

StrikeFour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is this a question or a response about what you did? You need to do that in FBI, and search through "Titles" until you find it, and click "delete ticket" before you delete the game.
Yup, I did that myself, but I keep getting the error

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't delete either the ticket or the game? And it gives you error in both instances? Try deleting a different game (small game preferably, just to test) to see if it's not something else at play here. You could try deleting the game "Monster Hunter Generations" in the normal 3DS system settings, under : Data Management/3DS/Software, click on it and delete it, and if you see a corrupted game shown as a " ?" DO NOT DELETE IT!!

Last edited by CoolMe,

StrikeFour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can't delete either the ticket or the game? And it gives you error in both instances? Try deleting a different game (small game preferably, just to test) to see if it's not something else at play here. You could try deleting the game "Monster Hunter Generations" in the normal 3DS system settings, under :Data Management/3DS/Software, click on it and delete it, and if you see a corrupted game shown as a " ?" DO NOT DELETE IT!!
That is, if I can delete the ticket, and in fact I did, but when I try to install the game, I keep getting the same error

StrikeFour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can't delete either the ticket or the game? And it gives you error in both instances? Try deleting a different game (small game preferably, just to test) to see if it's not something else at play here. You could try deleting the game "Monster Hunter Generations" in the normal 3DS system settings, under :Data Management/3DS/Software, click on it and delete it, and if you see a corrupted game shown as a " ?" DO NOT DELETE IT!!
You could try deleting the game "Monster Hunter Generations" in the normal 3DS system settings, under :Data Management/3DS/Software, click on it and delete it, and if you see a corrupted game shown as a " ?" DO NOT DELETE IT!!

I did not understand exactly what you mean there, is that using the fbi? Or an external program?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try deleting the game "Monster Hunter Generations" in the normal 3DS system settings, under :Data Management/3DS/Software, click on it and delete it, and if you see a corrupted game shown as a " ?" DO NOT DELETE IT!!

I did not understand exactly what you mean there, is that using the fbi? Or an external program?
In the 3DS system settings, not FBI.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, but there the Mhgen does not appear to me
So you don't see MHG under "Data management/3DS Software? And You didn't see any title there with a "?" on it? try installing homebrew software faketik and run it, hope it can replace the ticket there.

StrikeFour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So you don't see MHG under "Data management/3DS Software? And You didn't see any title there with a "?" on it? try installing homebrew software faketik and run it, hope it can replace the ticket there.
Where I get that ?

Pd: Try downloading and installing the urban trial 2, and that did work for me

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where I get that ?

Pd: Try downloading and installing the urban trial 2, and that did work for me
Download Universal Updater Cia file here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/univers...-installing-and-updating-3ds-homebrew.586536/
And install it with FBI, run ot search for "faketik" there, DL'it, after that ot should appear on your home menu then run it.
At this point i would suggest installing MHG Eur if you were using US version, and vice versa, if whatever you're using didn't work for you.

SCP3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Having same problem with installing any Shin Megami Tensei game. There is no matching ticket in the ticket directory. Managed to install Pokemon ORAS and that's about it.
Hi

Just wanna ask how did you make youre AS work? OR is working but i cant get AS to work(same problem as the above)

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Just wanna ask how did you make youre AS work? OR is working but i cant get AS to work(same problem as the above)
Do you get an error code on fbi?
How much free space do you have on the sd card?
Can you install smaller games like VC or even homebrew apps without errors, or it doesn't allow you to do that too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭