• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

FDA advisory panel approves pfizer vaccine

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
great news. hopefully this nightmare called 2020 end soon....

hopefully more people around the world gets this cure soon.

Last edited by Flame,
Reactions: x65943

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First healthcare workers are getting it. Then the elderly. Etc. Etc. General population is getting it in March/April. And if you live outside the US...

Reactions: x65943

TheRedfox

blep
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First healthcare workers are getting it. Then the elderly. Etc. Etc. General population is getting it in March/April. And if you live outside the US...
Outside the us?
Most rich countries(asia, west-europe) seem to have about the same goals(summer 2021 general population), i'm happy for the people in the USA that the distribution seems to have no hiccups yet, you people really need it to end 2020 forever!

Sadly in poorer countries it'll be like ebola/aids/etc with a lot more time and hiccups to distribute :(

D

Deleted User

I don't think this is the end. An estimated 70% of people need to be vaccinated to stop the coronavirus from spreading but I doubt many countries will make it this far in 2021. More likely we will achieve a low level of herd immunity, slowing the spread.

Speaking hypothetically: in richer countries there will be limited supplies of the vaccine and vaccine hesitancy while in poorer countries supplies will be more limited. Sad to say, those in poorer countries will probably be forced to wait until the problem in rich countries turns from limited supplies to vaccine hesitancy before they can get vaccinated.

Being in Australia where the vaccine is free, the queue to my own vaccination is one person shorter for every idiot who refuses to vaccinate.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: IncredulousP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol