Films that have brought you to tears

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cried my eyes out when i watched "Marley & Me". If you've seen it and been unmoved you're a heartless monster!
this x a thousand

probably effected me more because I lost a dog also

WTF?!?!?! SPOILERS!!! I haven't seen it yet!

TBH that's kinda like not knowing that Aerith gets the shank from Sephiroth in FFVII. Not everyone has played the game but everyone knows the plot twist, just like how Bruce Willis was dead the whole time in Sixth Sense.

also snape kill dumbledore

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I cried my eyes out when i watched "Marley & Me". If you've seen it and been unmoved you're a heartless monster!
I'm a heartless monster then evidently. It was a decent film, decent entertainment, and it was very touching, but it unfortunately it wasn't powerful enough to make me cry.

Also, the Pokemon movies make me cry. They drive me to tears of boredom and sleepiness. Pokemon 4EVER was incomprehensibly pathetic and it's only purpose was to distribute Celebi. XD It's almost reprehensible of them to extort tears from young viewers. We develop no connection to the characters; it's simply "Hey, Celebi dies! Let's cry badly voice-acted tears of sadness!"

As for movies that have brought me to tears, I might have watched too many to the point that I can't remember most of them. Then again, I've become mildly impervious to common tear-jerker's who's only purpose to be there is to force out your tear ducts.

However, I can recall those that REALLY made me cry. Here are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - The brilliant love story was the true heart of this deeply moving film.
Requiem for a Dream - An inversely moving film. It will slap your tear ducts like hell.
The Wrestler - Mickey Rourke's performance is what moves this film beyond great.
Up - The only film that can make you cry within the first 5 minutes.
City of God - Extremely affecting, and extremely important.
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence - Even if it a film about robots, it has a beating human heart.
Titanic - Titanic is a monumental feat; both story-wise and technically. And it's guaranteed to make anyone cry.
Schindler's List - The most affecting war drama in history.
Grave of Fireflies - The 2nd most affecting war drama in history.
Million Dollar Baby - The ending goes down; with only the tiniest hint of redemption.
Departures - A life-affirming, elegant story of death that is deeply based on family.
Boys Don't Cry - Hilary Swank is amazing.
It's A Wonderful Life - A Christmas classic that still stands to this day.
Ordinary People - The film's title describes why it's so moving, it's about ordinary people.
Dead Poets Society - O Captain! My Captain!
The Pianist - Answer me this. Would you actually expect a pedophile to make a film this moving? I think not.
Lion King - It's the circle of life that means no worries for the rest of our days that feels our love tonight. (I mean, the soundtrack was incredible)
Tarzan - Phil Collins' voice combined with that classic story just moves me to tears.
Life is Beautiful - I'll be damned to find someone who wasn't moved with this film. Incredible.
Brokeback Mountain - It's much more than a gay Titanic; it's more of a story of two souls who simply fall in love.
The Tree of Life - There are two ways to cry from this film. It's either you'll be bored to tears (to those who choose to not understand it) or you'll be moved to tears (for those that absorb it.) In the end, the second way is incredibly rewarding. It's a gorgeous experience.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Disney and Pixar films, those are touching as fuck. Especially Toy Story, Lion King and UP.

Other than that, Capitalism: A Love Story, the film showed the plight of the Americans pretty well.

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There have been a few where I've shed tears (or came very close to doing so).

A.I.
A beautiful Mind (and a few other Kevin Spacey movies)
That movie where the dude gets a magic remote and fast forwards through his whole life, in the end crawling out of the hospital to warn his son not to make the same mistake.
First Pokemon movie (I was 6 or 7 at the time)
Half of all the Disney movies I have ever seen.
A few key episodes of series (f.E. Death Note Ending, every time the Doctor died)
I am Legend
The Dragonball/Last Airbender live action movies (but only because they were so insultingly bad).

... good that I watched most of these without any witnesses nearby.

(to those who choose to not understand it)

One cannot choose what to understand and what not to understand.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
There have been a few where I've shed tears (or came very close to doing so).

A.I.
A beautiful Mind (and a few other Kevin Spacey movies) When the hell did A Beautiful Mind have Kevin Spacey in it? I think you're thinking to Russell Crowe.
That movie where the dude gets a magic remote and fast forwards through his whole life, in the end crawling out of the hospital to warn his son not to make the same mistake.
You're thinking of the mediocre, demoralizing, irritating and full-of-itself Click.
First Pokemon movie (I was 6 or 7 at the time)
Half of all the Disney movies I have ever seen.
A few key episodes of series (f.E. Death Note Ending, every time the Doctor died)
I am Legend
The Dragonball/Last Airbender live action movies (but only because they were so insultingly bad).

... good that I watched most of these without any witnesses nearby.

(to those who choose to not understand it)

One cannot choose what to understand and what not to understand. Perhaps I phrased it wrong; to those who choose to not absorb it.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a heartless monster then evidently. It was a decent film, decent entertainment, and it was very touching, but it unfortunately it wasn't powerful enough to make me cry.

However, I can recall those that REALLY made me cry. Here are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - The brilliant love story was the true heart of this deeply moving film.
Requiem for a Dream - An inversely moving film. It will slap your tear ducts like hell.
The Wrestler - Mickey Rourke's performance is what moves this film beyond great.
Up - The only film that can make you cry within the first 5 minutes.
City of God - Extremely affecting, and extremely important.
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence - Even if it a film about robots, it has a beating human heart.
Titanic - Titanic is a monumental feat; both story-wise and technically. And it's guaranteed to make anyone cry.
Schindler's List - The most affecting war drama in history.
Grave of Fireflies - The 2nd most affecting war drama in history.
Million Dollar Baby - The ending goes down; with only the tiniest hint of redemption.
Departures - A life-affirming, elegant story of death that is deeply based on family.
Boys Don't Cry - Hilary Swank is amazing.
It's A Wonderful Life - A Christmas classic that still stands to this day.
Ordinary People - The film's title describes why it's so moving, it's about ordinary people.
Dead Poets Society - O Captain! My Captain!
The Pianist - Answer me this. Would you actually expect a pedophile to make a film this moving? I think not.
Lion King - It's the circle of life that means no worries for the rest of our days that feels our love tonight. (I mean, the soundtrack was incredible)
Tarzan - Phil Collins' voice combined with that classic story just moves me to tears.
Life is Beautiful - I'll be damned to find someone who wasn't moved with this film. Incredible.
Brokeback Mountain - It's much more than a gay Titanic; it's more of a story of two souls who simply fall in love.
The Tree of Life - There are two ways to cry from this film. It's either you'll be bored to tears (to those who choose to not understand it) or you'll be moved to tears (for those that absorb it.) In the end, the second way is incredibly rewarding. It's a gorgeous experience.

Yep....heartless. ;)

As for your list...i've seen all of them except Up, Ordinary People and The Tree of Life, and the only one of them in which i was moved to tears was Dead Poets Society...which is a great film and one of the few Robin Williams performances i don't find mawkish. The Tree of Life was something i intended to see though because of the reputed similarities between it andAronofsky's The Fountain.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
The Green Mile
Grave of the Fireflies
And I just have to add Clannad, I know it's not a movie but I just had to add it to the list......... FUUUUUUUU *sobs*
[yt]NScZWoJqiFk[/yt]

Elfen Lied is also really sad, it's not a movie either but... I don't watch much movies.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
The Tree of Life was something i intended to see though because of the reputed similarities between it andAronofsky's The Fountain.
Whoever you saw that said that the two are similar needs to be punched. The Fountain, while deeply personal, is neither strong nor engaging. The Tree of Life is beyond better than The Fountain.

Also, Up will make you cry. Seriously. I haven't found anyone who hasn't cried when they watched Up. It's a far more potent tear-jerker than Toy Story 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Companies do the exact same thing with other companies as well, so it's not just Microsoft. There are 3rd-parties like 'data brokers'.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I'm 52 years old and one of my jobs in life was marketing research. Im well aware. I've been online for around 30 years. Everyone and their grandmother already has my personal information. One more having my email address isn't ruining my life or even effecting me in any way whatsoever.
    +1
    In fact. I freely give info. Stuff like gasoline apps, to save $, grocery apps, lots of cash back from rakuten, etc. etc.
    +1
    $300 back last year from Rakuten for allowing them to track my purchase. I'll take the money for them to know I bought a bunch of stuff for my cat and some video games. lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No matter what you sign up for your info is out there
    +1
    Thats what im saying
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly.
    And for people to say things like "But I use all fake info". No, they don't. lol. They use fake info for all of their banking and online shopping? Fake shipping address, fake payment info? lol
    Fake name, address and payment info for internet service, etc? lol. Ill say it again. Everyone freaks out about OMG WINDOWS!! But crickets on anything else they do.
    Other windows stuff people complain about hypocritically too. Like "But but but Windows bundle junk apps!!!!" Yeah?? So do many Linux distributions. Dont like it? Use one without them. Same with windows. Either find a pre-made version without the bundled stuff, or very easily make your own installer with what you want and do not want.
    +1
  • console @ console:
    I agree with all above! Microsoft made a biggest mess with us and everyone! I wish Microsoft company should be fired then lost it. LOL :rofl2:
    +1
    I dont like the stuff added either. I have zero use for copilot or recall. But I also just simply disable it and move on.
    +2
    Always disabled dumb cortana from day 1 too.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    When you're a billion dollar company even upper management is just peons to the company
    +1
    MS is funny. Insider programs for both Windows and Xbox, where they listen to absolutely none of the insider feedback and just do what the fuck they want. lolol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xbox idea to make midrange consoles saved them this Gen and buying your wife
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The Xbox is dying already. I don't know what to say, Microsoft takes the L for that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How is the Xbox dying?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xbox one sold nearly 60 million units
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when Phil was going to buy out more studios to work with them? I guess they couldn't keep up with demands.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already have dozens of studios with big names why care about little Jim making your favorite indie point and click exclusive
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Florida just getting your driver's license.... They sell your phone number and address to marketing companies lol
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Like .3 cents a person or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No psi that's a gun license they expect flordians to at least know how to break
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No psi that's a gun license they expect flordians to at least know how to break