• Hell No!!!

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
It's about time for a troll to ruin this poll...but on topic, I think it is great that there will be more than one color available at launch. I love getting to choose what color console I want :P.

I've just "ruined" it but here is my logic:

I was given the options "Hell Yeah!!!" and "Hell No!!!" as a response to the question "Do you think this was a smart move by Nintendo?"

Well.. no.. I don't. I think it was a really obvious decision. I think it'd be a really stupid move if they hadn't done that. So very much, no, it was the right move, but it was a no brainer. "Hell Yeah!!!"? Really? You think it merits that big an outcry, something that they started doing with the N64?

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black gameboy, black GBC, black GBA, black ds, black 3ds, black n64, black gc, black wii, and pretty soon a black WiiU. Also, wow looking at this list makes my wallet sad...

Reactions: 1 person

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow finally. Something other than white(wii) or grey(n64) or purple(gamecube) at launch. xD
mm...specifically speaking the colors they chose to represent for each when announced.

though i wouldnt mind that awesome Spice Orange color.
wait...why is it always black or white?/?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow finally. Something other than white(wii) or grey(n64) or purple(gamecube) at launch. xD
mm...specifically speaking the colors they chose to represent for each when announced.

though i wouldnt mind that awesome Spice Orange color.
wait...why is it always black or white?/?

I hardly call it gray!
nintendo64.jpg

Wasn't this the N64 at launch?!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wow finally. Something other than white(wii) or grey(n64) or purple(gamecube) at launch. xD....
I hardly call it gray!....Wasn't this the N64 at launch?!
The nintendo 64 was never gray as far as I can remember
Actually (according to Wikipedia)
The standard Nintendo 64 is dark gray, nearly black,[67] and the controller is light gray
So technically Yumi is correct

color is definitely important, especially if you've got a certain pattern going on and wish to keep it consistent. If you've got a bunch of black consoles and electronics in one space, adding a white one will certainly stick out like a sore thumb.
Agree - so I'll have a Looong wait then - TV/Hifi/DVD recorder are all Silver :lol:

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow finally. Something other than white(wii) or grey(n64) or purple(gamecube) at launch. xD....
The standard Nintendo 64 is dark gray, nearly black,[67] and the controller is light gray

color is definitely important, especially if you've got a certain pattern going on and wish to keep it consistent. If you've got a bunch of black consoles and electronics in one space, adding a white one will certainly stick out like a sore thumb.
Agree - so I'll have a Looong wait then - TV/Hifi/DVD recorder are all Silver :lol:
To me that's close enough to black to call it black

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I agree with Deltaechoe, this is close enough to Black to call it black!
I had one, I know many people that had one, but this is the first time I heard it's gray!

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't be 100% sure it will launch in both colors. Remember all those sexy 3ds colors at E3, some still haven't seen the light of day (I really wanted that orange or purple one)

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't be 100% sure it will launch in both colors. Remember all those sexy 3ds colors at E3, some still haven't seen the light of day (I really wanted that orange or purple one)
Well considering they're advertising both the black and the white version on their websites and that they used a black version at the actual conference is enough for me to accept as a confirmation of two colors at launch. The 3DS had multiple colors shown off but the main ones at the event were the black and blue ones, those two were used for software showcasing, advertising etc.
The other colors just had a brief appearance as part of a small display.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DUH it IS smart, since most people their TV's, Blue Ray players, DVD Players, etc. are black and not white. Look I love white since it is bright and fits me better then black, but if you look in a stylish way to my room for example a black Wiiu would fit WAY better since my TV, PS2, PS3, N64, NGC and Wii are black!

Just from my perspective, but why not release black? Who voted hell no between? I could understand it if you TV, etc. are white but why don't you want Nintendo to release 2 colors instead of one color? 0.0

Once you go black you'll never go back :creep:

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
DUH it IS smart, since most people their TV's, Blue Ray players, DVD Players, etc. are black and not white. Look I love white since it is bright and fits me better then black, but if you look in a stylish way to my room for example a black Wiiu would fit WAY better since my TV, PS2, PS3, N64, NGC and Wii are black!

Just from my perspective, but why not release black? Who voted hell no between? I could understand it if you TV, etc. are white but why don't you want Nintendo to release 2 colors instead of one color? 0.0

Once you go black you'll never go back :creep:

If you didn't breathe you'd die. That makes a pretty good case for why one should breathe. But the act of breathing isn't smart. It's obvious.

releasing a black and white console isn't smart, it's just the right thing to do, any more than cooking your food before you eat it is smart.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
You making it seem as if them making a black console is a life or death situation. It like you creating arguments out of nothing just for
sake to argue. :unsure:

I'm just stating why I voted no. The obvious choice isn't inherently smart. If I choose to have a shower every day so I don't smell disgusting, it's not a smart choice, I'm maintaining the status quo. If you choose to revise for an exam, that isn't smart of you. It would be stupid for them not to do so, sure, but it's not smart for them to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3