Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses will feature same-sex romance options for certain characters

D1Hv61iU8AEa61W.jpg

The latest Fire Emblem game is almost here, as fans only need to wait more two weeks until the game's launch, on July 26th. Spoilers and information are beginning to spread, as people get their hands on review copies or find retailers that break street date. Series fans will know that Supports are a major part of previous Fire Emblem games, with more modern entries fully allowing you to play matchmaker with every member of your army. This new Fire Emblem title will have that same feature, though with a rather significant addition; Nintendo has confirmed that Fire Emblem: Three Houses will allow your player character to romance certain other party members, particularly of the same sex. This isn't the first time that the series has allowed for same-sex romance options--Fire Emblem: Fates gave players two party members that you could romance, regardless of your player character's gender. Not every unit will be compatible, but an initial list of some of those specific characters can be found in the source link, below.

Considering the reception and popularity of a well-known Fire Emblem: Fates romhack, hosted on this very site, this choice could be a very welcome and long-awaited one.

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently and sadly no
Why is this sad? This is like Nintendo breaking the 5th wall or something else that seem impossible for them... like Banjo Kazooie in smash bros ultimate. Nintendo is laughing at the words "IMPOSSIBLE" :creep:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool. We in the west can pretend its 2014 :P.
Didnt the japanese release of conquest/birthright feature this already?
what a non-feature. XD

seriously though: good on them for being brave and releasing a game in their original format for the western audience.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m happy that they included it again. From what the report says it’s only one male that can be wooed will playing as a male while the female protagonist have like 5 potential females that can be wooed. I hope that isn’t true since it’s kinda unfair but oh well. If anything I’m pretty sure somebody will mod more relationships into the game again.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This feels so late in relation to what a lot of the fanbase has wanted but, eh... better late than never, I guess.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No reason not to include it as an option, but I'm sure plenty of people will still act like it's something being forced on them.
As long as it's not explicitly forced, there's no real issue. I know it sounds awful, but yeah..

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gay romance or not, fire emblem is now a weaboo game for me. pairing system is fun, but it's not fun if it's the core of the system, like everyone is obsessed about romancing character A vs character B etc, and the narrative quality has dropped significantly. I prefer the old school FE (GC/Wii/GBA).

when I played and finished awakening I was like... WTF?

(I am a bisexual, so I enjoy this stuff, but I prefer a good narrative and story instead of love simulation game guised as a SRPG)

Last edited by eriol33,

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
After Leon in FE:Echoes this isn't a huge surprise. Never been a fan of romancing in FE (Although I enjoy it from a character development perspective) but its nice to see Nintendo finally joining 2015.

I kinda like how only certain characters can be dated, feels more real than when games do the "everyone's bisexual cast".

Last edited by Garro,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What’s next, Mario and Luigi?
That's called incest. Completely different. :blink:

To be honest, i never had interest in fire emblem games, I never bought one (Besides fire emblem warriors for obvious reasons) I'm not interested in the stories it tells seeming too much about political power and nations and countries and stuff. I prefer if it was more like shining force where it was just a group of heroes trying to take down a evil monster. It seems basic and also nothing special, but I guess these games is more about the characters and their development and interactions than the story it tries to tell. :ninja:

Reactions: Mythical

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you all know you guys can choose which character to romance right? its not like Miyamoto is gonna come down to your house and hold your nintendo switches hostage until you choose to tell an NPC of the same sex you love them. LOL

Reactions: Girafarig and Kioku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's always worth a shot