Hacking Firmware Questions

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few quick questions about PS4 firmware. Is there a legitimate chance PS4's with firmware above 5.05 are never hacked? Should I be actively looking for a 5.05 console with the thought process that anything above could potentially be useless from a Jailbreak standpoint?

And I've heard all games produced after April 2018 cannot be played on a jailbroken PS4 due to their firmware. Is this a problem that is likely to be rectified sometime this year? I've read that the problem already has been solved, but the patch hasn't been released yet. Is this true?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not a jailbreak. it's an exploit. the ps4 is based on freebsd, and its flaws are well documented, so anyone is welcome to look into that.

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A few quick questions about PS4 firmware. Is there a legitimate chance PS4's with firmware above 5.05 are never hacked? Should I be actively looking for a 5.05 console with the thought process that anything above could potentially be useless from a Jailbreak standpoint?

And I've heard all games produced after April 2018 cannot be played on a jailbroken PS4 due to their firmware. Is this a problem that is likely to be rectified sometime this year? I've read that the problem already has been solved, but the patch hasn't been released yet. Is this true?
A 5.05 ps4 will be hard to find i reckon. People are hanging onto them including myself. Try the likes of ebay. Be expensive but good luck. As for a new JB, i have no idea, i just live in hope cos its costing me a fortune in games for my legit ps4

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The firmware up to 6.50 have a private full hack so, sooner or later, it will be released. It can happen in six month or two year but it will happen.

5.05 ps4 are not that expensive. In Europe they cost around 250 something euro and normal ps4 is sold for 50 euro less (second hand).

To play new games on older firmware you need the encryption keys and, if you have a non encrypted version of the game that means that keys are released so it's pointless to stay on old firmware if there is an hack available for a new one. You won't be able to play new games, even if they are original, on your non updated console.

I have a 5.05 ps4 and I play old games with it. If I want a new release I will buy it for Xbox one: a used Xbone could cost less than 100 euro.

Last edited by contezero,

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware up to 6.50 have a private full hack so, sooner or later, it will be released. It can happen in six month or two year but it will happen.

5.05 ps4 are not that expensive. In Europe they cost around 250 something euro and normal ps4 is sold for 50 euro less (second hand).

To play new games on older firmware you need the encryption keys and, if you have a non encrypted version of the game that means that keys are released so it's pointless to stay on old firmware if there is an hack available for a new one. You won't be able to play new games, even if they are original, on your non updated console.

I have a 5.05 ps4 and I play old games with it. If I want a new release I will buy it for Xbox one: a used Xbone could cost less than 100 euro.

Any particular reason the hack hasn’t been released yet? Curious as to what the motivation is.

adam1290

Trophies
XP
Country
Facebook marketplace here in the UK has an abundance of 5.05 PS4s and they are just as cheap as a regular used PS4.

npiet1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Being held on to for as long as possible to preserve its usefulness. Once its gone there may never be another hack to enable even higher games in future.
But we are almost at the end of the generation. There can't be to much time left before they release right?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But we are almost at the end of the generation. There can't be to much time left before they release right?
PS4 released in 2013/14, but Sony have said “No new hardware until at least 2021”, but we don’t know when support for PS4 will end. PS3 came out in 2006/7 still receives updates in 2019 (Feb = 4.84).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...