Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

Porro88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK just found out that European version 3DS owners are unlucky and won't have that Nintendo Zone thing but I think you will need a special Hotspot anyway to access anything in it.
i have it, since october... I went to a videogame convention in Milan and in the nintendo stand they set it...it kinda useless thought...ok you can use it to play online, but the only things i get from it were trailers of sm3d e mk7 in 2D

dgregh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK just found out that European version 3DS owners are unlucky and won't have that Nintendo Zone thing but I think you will need a special Hotspot anyway to access anything in it.

I dunno, I walked into a McDonalds today and my 3DS popped up with a message saying a Nintendo Zone was available. But like Porro said, it was really just a faceplate to a hotspot. They had some trailers and that was about it. You're not missing much :P

ThaBaws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.acekard.com/download.php This is the official firmware upgrade for the AK2i right? :blink:

Anyway, I downloaded it twice, first time was a corrupted file, second time's the charm. Upgraded my card and now it has "Narnia Chronicles, Prince Kaspian" on it. Only waitin for my 3DS to charge up and upgrade my firmware and I'll repost if it works :)

Later! :D

Reactions: 1 person

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the new Acekard firmware patch and it works on my 3DS and DSi XL!
It's awesome to have Acekard working again!

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no news for R4i-gold 3DS? I sent them a message this morning but no reply....Glad to see other manufacturers are super fast to release their updates...
Please always reference the manufacturer URL of the cart you're talking about, if it has R4 in its name.
There are dozens or hundreds of R4 clones.
There's at least a dozen different, incompatible-with-each-other "R4i Gold 3DS" variations.
The r4idsn.com and r4ids.cn versions are both working.

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. When I tried applying the acekard 2i 3.0 update file for my 3ds, the screen appears with all the instructions, but the bottom automatically says "Update is canceled, reboot DS."
The chip ID is "0fc2", and HW is "8181". Can someone tell me what is wrong with this?

Edit: Nvm. I used hbmenu to start up the update instead and it's working perfectly now.

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's weird. When I tried applying the acekard 2i 3.0 update file for my 3ds, the screen appears with all the instructions, but the bottom automatically says "Update is canceled, reboot DS."
The chip ID is "0fc2", and HW is "8181". Can someone tell me what is wrong with this?
Try placing the update file in the SD card root (for example).
You can also try pressing "start" several times very fast when the file is loading.

That should solve the problem.

frenchmaninsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frenchmaninsd, on 07 December 2011 - 12:46 PM, said:

Still no news for R4i-gold 3DS? I sent them a message this morning but no reply....Glad to see other manufacturers are super fast to release their updates...

Please always reference the manufacturer URL of the cart you're talking about, if it has R4 in its name.
There are dozens or hundreds of R4 clones.
There's at least a dozen different, incompatible-with-each-other "R4i Gold 3DS" variations.
The r4idsn.com and r4ids.cn versions are both working.

the manufacturer's website is r4i-gold.com...Nothing on their website but has anyone tried to update?

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well done and quick for the Acekard team. I honestly thought it wouldn't happen until this time next week.

Doozy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn and it is said to be working.. I placed it in my machine and it now says there is an error and I have to power off! What is the process of reviving my flash cart? I have only ever used Wood Firmwares on this Cart. Last Wood Firmware was 1.40 I believe. All help gratefully appreciated and as I'm new to this, can you guide me step by step? Also will I need the usage of another machine because all I can get is a Nintendo DS not another 3DS.

Cheers Again Guys,

Steve

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 3ds run personal .avi with this update?
It must be re-encoded and less than 10 minutes in length, but yes it can. See this thread.

I have the R4i Gold 3DS from r4ids.cn and it is said to be working.. I placed it in my machine and it now says there is an error and I have to power off! What is the process of reviving my flash cart? I have only ever used Wood Firmwares on this Cart. Last Wood Firmware was 1.40 I believe. All help gratefully appreciated and as I'm new to this, can you guide me step by step? Also will I need the usage of another machine because all I can get is a Nintendo DS not another 3DS.

Cheers Again Guys,

Steve
Wood's not firmware, it's the kernel.
The firmware is at the top of the "Upgrade Firmware Area" @ http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html

Step 1. Format the MicroSDHC using the official SD Association format utility from https://www.sdcard.o...ds/formatter_3/ -- The default settings are fine, I advise against doing "full" format unless you're troubleshooting corruption issues (because it will take a VERY long time on 4GB+ MicroSDHC).

Step 2. Download the "Newest Wood R4 Kernel" from http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html
Step 2a. (Optional) Download 3DS V2.2.0-4 Patch Nov. 21, 2011 (Firmware Upgrade) from http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html

Step 3. Extract both archives to a temporary folder you're preparing to copy to the MicroSD
It should look something like this, as the text files aren't needed on the memory card:
HxOsC.jpg

You can delete the Firmware Upgrade (.nds) files after successfully patching your cartridge directly within the Wood system menu.
(Side note: The reason there's two different versions for the firmware update happens to be because the DSi and 3DS don't permit live cartridge swaps when you run the homebrew used to flash the firmware.)

Step 3a. (Optional) Download a ROM trimming utility such as NDSTokyoTrim or TinyTrimmer from FileTrip to reduce the filesizes of your commercial ROMs without compressing them.

Step 4. Add whatever games, homebrew, etc, to the Wood directory. You can create subdirectories to organize them.

Step 5. Copy it all over to the MicroSD.

Put MicroSD in Cart, Load, Enjoy! If you decide to get custom skins, make sure they are Acekard format and not "R4 format" skins.

For future Wood kernel updates, you can simply update through the Wood menu under "Tools".
For future Firmware updates you will have to keep tabs on the http://www.r4ids.cn website.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cheers Again Guys,

Steve
1) Does your card say 3DS on it?

2) The DS you have is great for what you need to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbqh0vXaRLw