Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
First Heart Gold/Soul Silver footage appears
Doesn't reveal too much, however.
gam_pokemongsfootage_580.jpg

Some gameplay of the recently announced Pokemon Generation II remakes, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, have appeared on Japanese TV. The video shows what is presumably New Bark Town, the beginning area in Pokemon Gold/Silver, with a Chikorita following the player. If anybody was in doubt, yes, these remakes are definitely using the same engine Pokemon Diamond and Pearl used. Unfortunately, not much else is shown the video, but it's a little teaser for a game which will almost certainly be shown more in depth at E3 next month.

icon11.gif
 Source (Includes more artwork, screencaps)
Discuss

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
LMAO, "The video shows what is presumably New Bark Town, the beginning area in Pokemon Gold/Silver, with a Turtwig following the player."

Watttt. XD

But about the pics...I would of prefered a really nice 2-D engine, but it's still Gold/Silver so I'll forgive it.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well its the game looks good so far, i woulda loved it if they changed the sprites back to the original to give G/S a older feel, hopefully there'll be a hack out for that if its even possible

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Better be Good a game, because as some may not know Im a Pokemon Hater, and Im a Digimon Tamer But I did like The Classic Pokemon Gold/Sliver, and Crystal Version(this being my Favorite) so i do hope they make a Crystal Remake as well

So im looking for to this despite it be urrr..Poke-Mon >.>

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Teelow - I'm with you when I say I prefer Digimon over Pokemon, but I prefer the Pokemon games rather than some Digimon games. Besides the current Pokemon games which I think weren't that great.

In any case don't expect a Crystal Remake as there was no Yellow Remake for Fire Red and Leaf Gree (Red and Green remakes) so there is no reason to make a Crystal Remake as all of the features of Crystal (and then some) are most prominently in HG/SS.

But has anyone noticed those blue posts next to Prof. Elms Lab, they look like the ones in DPPt (the ones in some towns that connect underground I think?) that could mean that just like DPPt, there is an Underground where you can excavate fossils and other items, and possibly secret bases etc.

Can't wait!
-Krobelus

Teelow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krobelus said:
@Teelow - I'm with you when I say I prefer Digimon over Pokemon, but I prefer the Pokemon games rather than some Digimon games. Besides the current Pokemon games which I think weren't that great.

In any case don't expect a Crystal Remake as there was no Yellow Remake for Fire Red and Leaf Gree (Red and Green remakes) so there is no reason to make a Crystal Remake as all of the features of Crystal (and then some) are most prominently in HG/SS.

But has anyone noticed those blue posts next to Prof. Elms Lab, they look like the ones in DPPt (the ones in some towns that connect underground I think?) that could mean that just like DPPt, there is an Underground where you can excavate fossils and other items, and possibly secret bases etc.

Can't wait!
-Krobelus

I Know what you mean, digimon does have some, dare I say low quality games, but i do think they should make a Crystal and Yellow Since its like both games in one which I like ^^

Suggestions:
Lighting Yellow
Yellow Stone
Crystal Heart
Ice Crystal
underground excavation points - Hmmmm.. Sounds like Spectrobes >.>

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Well its the game looks good so far, i woulda loved it if they changed the sprites back to the original to give G/S a older feel, hopefully there'll be a hack out for that if its even possible

I will never understand replies like this one. The whole point of remaking the game is to bring it back with a newer look, similar to the one from the current generation. If you want the original GBC sprites, go play the original game, don't expect a hack for the remake.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally like the look so far, I also love what the game makers did to turtwig, looks just like chikorita now
wink2.gif
. The overview and the tiles are nice to me, hope to see more info soon, cant wait
yaynds.gif

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well im deffinatly buying Heart Gold when it comes out. but i think im with everyone else when i say "WTF is turtwig doing following you in gold and silver???" I want to know the answer to that one
huh.gif

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks more like a turtwig to me though. but it probably is a chikorita. I want more screen shots of the game. cant wait for it.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not as excited about this game as everybody else. It seems to me like they just are taking D/P/P's engine and changing around things to match gold version. The only way this would really impress me would be if they added super detailed animations in pokemon battles. On par with the excellent animations of Dragon Quest IV and V for the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing...