MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
dont worry dude two switchs i just wanna have homebrew on main for backup saves.
That's essentially all I'm doing with my TX SX Pro when it gets here, using it for Checkpoint, and nothing more until I know it's safe from online bans.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great, now I have homebrew launcher on my 5.1.0 Switch...now what do I do? I've created a /switch directory on the root, I put an .nro on it but when I try to do anything, it doesn't read the .nro file...it just tells me there is no applications on the sd card...

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
great, now I have homebrew launcher on my 5.1.0 Switch...now what do I do? I've created a /switch directory on the root, I put an .nro on it but when I try to do anything, it doesn't read the .nro file...it just tells me there is no applications on the sd card...

Try using the updated version: https://github.com/tumGER/SDFilesSwitch/releases

The sdfiles.zip here still uses the one created with hekate-5.x (only adding one 0 Byte file)

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tried that one, still telling me no homebrew....

Have you booted it through the newest Hekate-version and selected CFW?

I can confirm that this SDfiles.zip works with ALL current firmwares and so does the newest hekate (with the exception that 3.x had sleep mode problems)

Last edited by tomGER,
Reactions: JJTapia19

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you booted it through the newest Hekate-version and selected CFW?

I can confirm that this SDfiles.zip works with ALL current firmwares and so does the newest hekate (with the exception that 3.x had sleep mode problems)

Yes, it loads hbmenu 2.0.0 but just says no applications

The card is in exFAT, does that make any difference?

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Is any of this actually "ready to use"? Like...is it endorsed or considered "mostly safe"?

should we be using this or...uh...wait for other stuff?

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...Is any of this actually "ready to use"? Like...is it endorsed or considered "mostly safe"?

should we be using this or...uh...wait for other stuff?

I would say that this is mostly safe but at the end it's always the users fault if something goes wrong :) (There is no real chance of anything like bricks etc. though and we had no known ban of someone just using homebrew (and not cheating and stuff like that))

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, it loads hbmenu 2.0.0 but just says no applications

The card is in exFAT, does that make any difference?

Try using FAT32 and make sure that your SD-card is not called Switch (call it something else like "Taffy" :))

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say that this is mostly safe but at the end it's always the users fault if something goes wrong :) (There is no real chance of anything like bricks etc. though and we had no known ban of someone just using homebrew (and not cheating and stuff like that))

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try using FAT32 and make sure that your SD-card is not called Switch (call it something else like "Taffy" :))

FAT32 worked....used an old class 4 4GB card because I didn't want to totally wipe my 32GB card.....now, I only wish Nintendo had used a D-Pad...strange playing SNES with those 4-way directional buttons on the joycon!

tomGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we have 4 of the same thread :(

Yeah, let me do that concluding post since the amount of outdated stuff that is getting talked about is kinda confusing a lot of people:

The 5.1 support was by basically replacing a certain newly forced module with a 0-Byte file. Most of these "updated" sdfiles.zip just added the file and that's it and that's kinda problematic since users are downloading and using months-old files that have had countless bug fixes and feature additions going back to the first ever release of hekate-5x. Even if you aren't using 5.1, there is still the huge benefit of updating and with that I'm once again sharing this link here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/newest-hekate-sdfiles-zip.506280/

This may sound like I'm trying to self-promote here but this is a completely newly compiled version of the sdfiles with a constant source of updates, I beg you to stop using that old Sdfiles.zip in order to actually enjoy the newest features the developers have worked hard on.

Last edited by tomGER,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT