Gaming Fixed version of Guitar Hero III

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well since I'm in NZ, I had to go through our local distributor rather than Activision (our Activision distributor also happens to be our Nintendo distributor
tongue.gif
). I'm probably one of the first to receive the fixed PAL version.

There's no way I'll be able to upload it on this connection though - 13kb/s max means it would take forever. Even trucha isn't helpful because things have been changed too much (some files are bigger etc.)

Oh, I just wanted to mention: what the hell were they thinking when they made the Wii version of this game? Even the videos are encoded in mono - it's not just some random switch they forgot to turn on somewhere. I did a little comparison (bink tools plays them) and the stereo ones sound a hell of a lot better.

V

Vulpix

Any updates on this? I would like to get the fixed version.... My country doesn't allow any swaps.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Dirtie said:
Oh, I just wanted to mention: what the hell were they thinking when they made the Wii version of this game? Even the videos are encoded in mono - it's not just some random switch they forgot to turn on somewhere. I did a little comparison (bink tools plays them) and the stereo ones sound a hell of a lot better.

"Wii doesn't have hardcore gamers, they won't notice, rushing out the game will get us a quick profit" and the like.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe PPF patch creators just do a byte by byte comparison so they aren't really effective for this type of patch where a great portion of the ISO is the same but just shifted in position.

Who cares if the videos are stereo or not? Do you really care if all those company vids at the beginning (that you skip through anyway) are stereo? Do you really need stereo sound to listen to Slash talk about his involvement in the game or the cutscenes between segments in career mode?

All of the music files (the songs that actually play in the game) are in stereo and haven't changed between versions. What was fixed is the FMOD sound system engine and the way the music files are played by it. They now sound correct with the proper stereo separation and surround sound effects. Little things like a new bad note sound have changed as well. If you have your Wii hooked to a nice surround system the differences are incredible.

It's still baffling to me how this got through testing/QA in the first place. It's as if nobody tested it on anything but a TV with tiny speakers. Every game these days should be properly sound tested on a variety of audio setups -- but for a music based game with Dolby Pro Logic II to get to production with huge audio flaws like that? At least Activision has stepped up to provide fixed replacements (even bonus faceplates for some) or refunds.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patching that can determine offsets and account for that would be absolutely awesome. just putting it out there

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Theres one on a.b.b and is filename GH3 and size 4.39 GB but it has a password?!

Anyone know what it is? And is this the Wii Fixed One?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm, I do wonder when we Europeans will get ours... I know I got messages from them before about it, that they will inform me more when they're going to fix it.. but no words yet.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i found it, they posted it without Wii in the description! I guess because its posted in a.b.g.wii LOL

Search for Guitar Hero III - Stereo Fixed

4.7GB

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just got my replacement DVD today. Sound is MUCH better.
Didn't even have to send in my old mono version either.
Activision Aus just sent out the replacement after I faxed a copy of my reciept and that was it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1