Not open for further replies.

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys & gals,

I'm hoping someone can help me with my issue.
I followed Plailect's Guide on my o3DS & n3DS last week to get A9LH/Luma3DS setup. Everything is working great. Now I want to generate some X0rpad files to convert .3ds to .cia. The problem is I cannot get Decrypt9 to function in the Homebrew Launcher anymore (possibly because my sysNAND was an EmuNAND, which I hear Decrypt9 doesn't work in EmuNAND?).

At any rate, I saw and followed this thread with no luck: https://gbatemp.net/questions/installing-luma3ds-and-arm9loaderhax-and-now-decrypt9-wont-run.3233/

I don't even have a Luma3DS NTR firmware.bin (I did not use any of the optional NTR CFW stuff at the end of the guide.

Hourglass9 runs for me when I hold START on boot, which although kind of a light-weight Decrypt9 it is missing the features I need for X0rpad creation.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get Decrypt9 running via HBL or as a new payload by holding a key on boot? Is there even a solution to this with my setup at all?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Decrypt9 does not work on homebrew launcher on firmware greater than 9.2. Launch it on boot by holding Start before powering on. If that doesn't work, check your luma/payloads folder for start_D9. If you don't have it, look through the guide until you find the part where you put it there and do it.

Edit: I hadn't read your whole post, sounds like you have Hourglass9 instead. Download Decrypt9WIP, rename arm9loaderhax.bin in the download to start_D9.bin and put it in your luma/payloads folder and delete the hourglass one (or another key if you want to keep hourglass9)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want use Luma3DS' payload chainloading feature to setup your Decrypt9WIP a9lh.bin payload to a key with Luma3DS.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Other-features-and-notes#payload-chainloading

Basically download the latest release of Decrypt9WIP.
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

1. Copy Decrypt9WIP.bin from the Decrypt9WIP zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card.
2. In the /luma/payloads folder, rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to down_Dec9.bin

Now hold the D-PAD Down, and you'll boot into Decrypt9 at boot time. You can change the button to whatever you want, as long as it's a valid one as described in the Luma3DS wiki that I linked above.

I don't really suggest you flat out replace Hourglass9, unless you fully understand how to use Decrypt9 for NAND backup and restores. In other words, you'll have to remember to use options like (keep A9LH), while with Hourglass9, it's designed to be noob-friendly and safe when it comes to managing our NAND backups//restores.

Reactions: AmyGrrl

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for the quick replies!

Temptress Cerise, I will follow your suggestion. I'm sure by the sound of it, it will be exactly what I need but I will post my results just so others in the same position can see that this is in fact the way to go.

Thank you both again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, telling what?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Maintenance most likely.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, understandable
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hopefully it wasn't a DDoS attack.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i was already believing that was the reason it was down
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, The response from the page said it had too many connections. So perhaps, flooded traffic?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, it didnt say that for me
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut wut...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ctrl cing me
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop ctrl cing me