For some reason, sometimes when opening Firefox or protonvpn, popup ads appear

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My phone's settings or the browser's settings?
I said in Firefox.
But pretty much any app could be detecting app launches and displaying ads when you launch apps. Can be hard to track down which app is doing it, it could be some random game you have installed that looks innocent. I suggest uninstalling any lesser known apps (anything without a lot of downloads/ratings/reviews) and look for bad reviews on apps you have installed complaining about the same issue, and see if the problem goes away.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I said in Firefox.
But pretty much any app could be detecting app launches and displaying ads when you launch apps. Can be hard to track down which app is doing it, it could be some random game you have installed that looks innocent. I suggest uninstalling any lesser known apps (anything without a lot of downloads/ratings/reviews) and look for bad reviews on apps you have installed complaining about the same issue, and see if the problem goes away.
Well i have these games
Screenshot_20231203-124322.png

Post automatically merged:

And i Blocked notifications for all websites

Last edited by Xdqwerty,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well i have these gamesView attachment 407174
Post automatically merged:

And i Blocked notifications for all websites
It doesn't even have to be a game. You really just need to uninstall a bunch of stuff until the problem goes away. Then you can start reinstalling the stuff you removed until the problem comes back.
For example, ES File Explorer started putting ads on the lock screen, a long time ago now, it took me a while to figure out that it was the cause (and it was pretty obvious when I googled it since there was tons of bad feedback about it). Used to be a good app until they started doing that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper