Not open for further replies.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats... well an interested read, I guess. Any background on this?

Red Pillers - the Ying to the Social Justice (particularly Feminist) Yang. To them, women are subhumans oppressing the valiant Y chromosome every chance they get.

It's mostly sexually frustrated men blaming women as a whole for their blue balls the same way the Fat Acceptance bloggers blame society for people finding their girth unattractive.

Reactions: Dark S.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
tumblr_n3cs7btOhg1rr0u35o1_1280.jpg

Wait, wait, wait... guide me through this...

Gay trans guy... so... it's a woman (trans male)... who is gay... meaning likes men... So... it's a woman who likes men, except likes being the top... uhh... This is complicated, am I getting this right? :unsure:

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, wait, wait... guide me through this...

Gay trans guy... so... it's a woman (trans male)... who is gay... meaning likes men... So... it's a woman who likes men, except likes being the top... uhh... This is complicated, am I getting this right? :unsure:

I think it's supposed to be a woman who wants to be a man and is attracted to other men. I think. It's a bit hard to tell over all the tumblrisms.

Anyway, here's an ad from someone looking to rent an apartment. As it turns out, being a political activist and a spoiled brat coincide quite nicely nowadays. Whodathunk?

PSSbRS7.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it's supposed to be a woman who wants to be a man and is attracted to other men. I think. It's a bit hard to tell over all the tumblrisms
I'm glad that I understood that correctly. Sometimes I get the feeling that those labels are equally confusing as what they represent.

As for the appartment ad... I refuse to believe that this is anything other than a joke... I mean, I was convinced we all live on the same planet, but apparently that's not the case. :rofl2:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway, here's an ad from someone looking to rent an apartment. As it turns out, being a political activist and a spoiled brat coincide quite nicely nowadays. Whodathunk?

PSSbRS7.jpg

I would almost say yes just for the giggles. Also not the worst thing I have seen when house hunting.

Having had a quick scan around that is not such a bad room size request either.

Is a washing machine in an aparment a big ask these days then? Are there still parts of the world that have to suffer the indignity of laundrettes?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reasonable and ending on a righteous note.... Pingouin7 have you not read the sorts of things we deal in around here?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm glad that I understood that correctly. Sometimes I get the feeling that those labels are equally confusing as what they represent.

Solution is to refer to all of them by their original gender. Legal definitions aside, They are what they are irrelevant of what they try to be.

Reactions: Foxi4

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afraid I am going to have to call fake there Veho; no true animal rights lover would care about the human disease like that, at least not at the same time as an animal-friend was being put upon,

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution is to refer to all of them by their original gender. Legal definitions aside, They are what they are irrelevant of what they try to be.

Eh, I'm sympathetic to transgender people in general. If you identify as a woman and would like people to refer to you that way, I've got no problems with that.

It's when these people start denying sex differences (like freaking out whenever a joke happens to imply that, you know, men have penises and women have vaginas) and making up all these bullshit labels ("I'm a demitransexual gayboytoymonkeyboy! Am I special yet?") that I call shenanigans. Once you start throwing around the word "cis," especially in conjunction with "privilege," you've pretty much lost all credibility.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

UGH, people just don't understand. When I told my doctor to stop calling it a cist, he got all pissy and silenced my dialogue.

I asked him to check his privilege, but he said he only took cash or credit. :(

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Side note: I still don't understand why any self-respecting black or asian resident of the States would call themselves "Afro-American" or "Asian-American" if they were born and raised in America. They're just Americans who happen to be black or asian by birth, they have f*ck-all to do with Africa or Asia, so they should stop differentiating themselves from the bulk of the American population. If we're all for equality, let's not build abstract boundries and accept standardized national identities. Nationality and race are two different things altogether - you're all Americans.

Reactions: Gahars

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Side note: I still don't understand why any self-respecting black or asian resident of the States would call themselves "Afro-American" or "Asian-American" if they were born and raised in America. They're just Americans who happen to be black or asian by birth, they have f*ck-all to do with Africa or Asia, so they should stop differentiating themselves from the bulk of the American population. If we're all for equality, let's not build abstract boundries and accept standardized national identities. Nationality and race are two different things altogether - you're all Americans.

My favourite ones are when the person in question uses it as I guess a "sensitive" term for black (I guess this joins the word "oriental" in not being an insult in most places in the English speaking world but is in the USA) and the person was either
a) Not American, there is a classic where some reporter was interviewing an athlete from the UK and the line "what was it like growing up as an African American in the UK England (it was American after all)?" was uttered.
b) Even if they were black then as far as they know their family had basically always been somewhere in Asia, somewhere in the middle East, somewhere in the Caribbean or somewhere in Australia/the pacific.... basically not seen Africa in what amounts to practically geologic time.

Reactions: Foxi4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz