Gaming Fortnite "Save the World" menu discovered on Switch (Confirmed Working)

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about whether the Save the World mode would ever come to Switch. It would be the perfect fit for the system. I decided to search up the latest gossip about StW Switch when suddenly this video (linked below) popped up. I first dismissed it as fake for the following extremely obvious reason: It's recorded on a potato cam by a kid no older than 10. But if you continue watching, it indeed shows a very convincing menu similar to that of the other platforms. I read the description which linked to the original video here (linked below). I was now very curious and booted up Fortnite on my Switch. According to both videos, in order to access this menu:
  1. Press "Play" (X)
  2. Open Party Finder (ensure you have a friend whose party you can join)
  3. Right as the loading screen appears, press "Join" (X)
  4. If done right, the loading bar should not appear, and you should enter the StW menu
Once my Switch booted up, I tried it and it sent me into a match as normal. I left it and tried again. The loading bar did not appear for a while, so I became extremely hopeful that might actually work, and indeed it did. I booted into the menu and played around with it. I attached screenshots to confirm that it does in fact work. The menu has been fully customized to the Switch's controls, almost confirming the arrival of Save the World sometime in the future. Note: If you have purchased Save the World then it will send you into that menu, as shown in the last 2 videos. If you did not buy it, it will send you to a page saying "No Offers Available", as shown in my video.

2018070914425900-F489C99A244DF57DCBDC4BFD2DB926F1.jpg2018070914433600-F489C99A244DF57DCBDC4BFD2DB926F1.jpg

Original:
Second: :
Direct Screen Capture by me: https://streamable.com/s/4hq2q/wdsigh
Videos provided by @yotsu:

Last edited by aykay55,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyyyy, pretty cool, I know a few friends who enjoy the game mode so this is cool. Though I'm wondering if it'll be a paid version as with the PC version?
Depends. Save the World is in early access, which is why it costs money as of now. If the Switch version releases before early access ends, it will cost money (Note: If you paid for the version on one platform, you automatically unlock it on other supported platforms). If it releases with or after, then it will be free-to-play just like Battle Royale.

oranginasprite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow....really thought this thread would take off...
Sorry mate, to be honest, early backers of STW hoped for the same, but it is simply overshadowed by the Battle Royale mode. It is, after all, nothing short of the most popular game IN THE WORLD at the time. Thanks for taking the time to bring this out to light!

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably just a leftover of the pc version, since there is a quit game option which is not present on any other version of the game.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The Save the World side would need some serious optimization before it made it to Switch, I mean BR is running at 30 FPS where as Xbox/PS are 60, both these consoles can't even maintain 30 in the STW side, Switch would be a horror show.

I don't doubt it can be done but doubt we'll see it till STW is out of Early Access, right now it needs some serious work.

Yotsuyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Little update, fortnite save the world on Nintendo switch works a little but there is no menu sadly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh by the way, those videos are made by me but u can share them if u want

aykay55

Professional Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little update, fortnite save the world on Nintendo switch works a little but there is no menu sadly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh by the way, those videos are made by me but u can share them if u want

Thank you so much for those videos. If you don't mind i will add them to the OP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online