Hacking found a old R4i SDHC v.1.4 need some advice...

froggydarren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
title says it all really done some homework but b4 i track down files ect does anyone know if this card will run on the latest firmware running on a new 3ds its a R4i SDHC card with v.1.4 in a yellow star??

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
title says it all really done some homework but b4 i track down files ect does anyone know if this card will run on the latest firmware running on a new 3ds its a R4i SDHC card with v.1.4 in a yellow star??

B2_t.jpg

This one?

r4i-sdhc.com
To make it work you'll probably need the flashcart timewarp

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
high changes it doesn't because they have a new card.. but try it..
btw, if the card is that exact one, you can just download and check for yourself? there is no need to track down files or anything, they are there:
http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

direct link for for download: http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4i V1.81b English.zip

both downloads for this card and the last one are the same, and they were updated on 2014, maybe you got a change

froggydarren

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I was thinking as such as there have been quite a lot of revisions but from my understanding they were manly chip shrinking and design changes to reduce power draw but alas I was getting this info really bad Chinese translations lol...

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yes I was thinking as such as there have been quite a lot of revisions but from my understanding they were manly chip shrinking and design changes to reduce power draw but alas I was getting this info really bad Chinese translations lol...

do you have the card or you plan to get it?

if you have it, just pop the files in...
if you don't have it, dont risk it..
i don't believe on that power draw revisions, the only reason to make a new card from this websites is to make it unblocked on the console, old costumers get the card blocked on the console and they can sell it again..
there is no seem kernel update... which means, if it was blocked, there is no change it gonna to work unless you was on firmware <9.2 and had gateway.. but you dont...

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fun fact: popeye with spinach solos