Homebrew Freeshop not working

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Any point into hacking my 3ds as I heard how Nintendo have blocked the eshop?

Should I rather deal with the r4 cards instead?
R4 only plays DS games. You can still get one, there are plenty of great DS games. I recommend this one: https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
Also, that cart supports ntrboot so it makes it easy to hack your 3DS with CFW.

But anyway, you can still download .cia files from certain places like that ISO site, and either copy them to the 3DS SD card and install with FBI or use Boop to send them wirelessly to FBI. It's not hard to find games, it's just less convenient than it was. My 11yo cousin still figured it out on his own ;)
hey guys newb here i have 2ds firmware 11.6 freshop 4.1.3 and no titlekeys is there any way to still use freeshop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it weird for me to ask what that site is i have only ever used freeshop
You can make the title key site work again with a hosts edit (at least on your PC) and download the encTitleKeys.bin.

Also, literally google that ISO site ;)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 only plays DS games. You can still get one, there are plenty of great DS games. I recommend this one: https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
Also, that cart supports ntrboot so it makes it easy to hack your 3DS with CFW.

But anyway, you can still download .cia files from certain places like that ISO site, and either copy them to the 3DS SD card and install with FBI or use Boop to send them wirelessly to FBI. It's not hard to find games, it's just less convenient than it was. My 11yo cousin still figured it out on his own ;)

You can make the title key site work again with a hosts edit (at least on your PC) and download the encTitleKeys.bin.

Also, literally google that ISO site ;)
Or using custom DNS with one custom redirect. Or fork freeshop itself and hardcode the IP address. Or...:P

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To get freeShop working again, try following this tutorial. It's safe to use freeShop on firmware 11.8 as long as you don't download in sleep mode.

No, freeshop still works. It's certain 1st party games that are blocked from download. Games that aren't block can still be retrieved.
thanks for that tutorial!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey guys newb here i have 2ds firmware 11.6 freshop 4.1.3 and no titlekeys is there any way to still use freeshop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it weird for me to ask what that site is i have only ever used freeshop
Hahahahahaha

Put in google, that iso site, should be the first entry

derick_the_stupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
if anyone having second thought if you want to download on freeshop or not
1. just search cia 3ds download free on any websites on google and
2.download the cia file and extract the file
3. make a folder name cia games (any name is fine just make a folder) and transfer the download file there
4. eject the sd card and go to the 3ds
5. go to FBI and search SD (make sure you have to be connected to the internet)
6. go to cia games (or whatever you just named it.) and install or install and delete (to save more space) on the SD
7. when installed go back to main menu and there will be a pop up gift. (means that it works)
8. tada you can know download games again in 3ds without freeshop for now.
( a bit of warning some of the games you download may not work well depending on the website you download the cia games)

Last edited by derick_the_stupid,

incubeezer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone having second thought if you want to download on freeshop or not
1. just search cia 3ds download free on any websites on google and
2.download the cia file
3. make a folder name cia games (any name is fine just make a folder) and transfer the download file there
4. eject the sd card and go to the 3ds
5. go to FBI and search SD
6. go to cia games (or whatever you just named it.) and install or install and delete (to save more space) on the SD
7. when installed go back to main menu and there will be a pop up gift. (means that it works)
8. tada you can know download games again in 3ds without freeshop for now.

I do this and the console crashes soon after opening Captain Toad. Not sure what I did wrong at this point.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do this and the console crashes soon after opening Captain Toad. Not sure what I did wrong at this point.

In FBI, go to Titles > Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker > Import Seed (you have to be connected online).

Newer games made after firmware 9.6.0 require addition decrypting.
There are other methods to do seed importing, including offline. You can find information about this looking in the last few pages in the Villain3DS thread.

incubeezer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In FBI, go to Titles > Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker > Import Seed (you have to be connected online).

Newer games made after firmware 9.6.0 require addition decrypting.
There are other methods to do seed importing, including offline. You can find information about this looking in the last few pages in the Villain3DS thread.

Got it, thanks!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3