OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ok, so yesterday my friend said "my launch day wii doesnt workkkkkkk omgomgomg"

I asked him if there was just a black screen at startup but he said it just doesn't read games anymore.

It says the Unable to read Disc thing in the Disc Channel.
I told him I would try to find some kinda fix for it but if it doesn't work he'd hafta buy a USB drive, and then I explained to him what USB Loader was, and that he'd have to backup all his 17 original games.

His Wii wasn't modded/homebrewed at all.

Also, He can't buy a wii with a broken disc drive off ebay or something cuz Im 12 and hes 15.

thanks for helping.

C

CasperH

Unfortune said:
Ok, so yesterday my friend said "my launch day wii doesnt workkkkkkk omgomgomg"

I asked him if there was just a black screen at startup but he said it just doesn't read games anymore.

It says the Unable to read Disc thing in the Disc Channel.
I told him I would try to find some kinda fix for it but if it doesn't work he'd hafta buy a USB drive, and then I explained to him what USB Loader was, and that he'd have to backup all his 17 original games.

His Wii wasn't modded/homebrewed at all.

Also, He can't buy a wii with a broken disc drive off ebay or something cuz Im 12 and hes 15.

thanks for helping.
Try the Wii Lens Cleaning set

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
They should sell disc cleaner's in any electronics/deptarment store. If that doesnt work then he will have to either return the Wii and pay 80 dollars or whatever it is, or use a USB loader. However if his drive is failed then he wont be able to back up his games unless he has the special LG dvd drive on his computer. Otherwise he would have to re-download all his games, and if his parents are nazis then I am assuming they wont let him do that. So either way it sounds like your "friend" is screwed.

Unfortune

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Crass said:
They should sell disc cleaner's in any electronics/deptarment store. If that doesnt work then he will have to either return the Wii and pay 80 dollars or whatever it is, or use a USB loader. However if his drive is failed then he wont be able to back up his games unless he has the special LG dvd drive on his computer. Otherwise he would have to re-download all his games, and if his parents are nazis then I am assuming they wont let him do that. So either way it sounds like your "friend" is screwed.

ok I guess I'll tell him that.

btw, should I install a backup launcher? maybe somehow using something like Gecko OS might boot the game somehow..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?