Android Full Speed NDS Emulator Coming to Android!!!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm even more surprised that there is a working PSP emulator for Android. I never knew there was such thing, I'm about to buy an Xperia play but these emulators probably run like shit on it cause its single core.

Yeah PPSSPP is really impressive. I guess it was always in the realm of possibilities since the PS Vita apparently uses emulation to play PSP games. Vita after all has somewhat comparable specs to modern phones and tablets (similar CPU and GPU architecture) and it doesn't have PSP hardware or native back compatibility built in (unlike how 3DS is natively back compatible with DS games).

I doubt you'll have much luck running PPSSPP on an Xperia Play well enough (even the best phones still struggle with it). DraStic on the other hand actually seems to run shockingly well on the Xperia Play given that it's now really old hardware. Some of the more intensive games may require a bit of frameskip, but many games actually look like they're running very fast and smooth. I guess it depends on the game you play, but there's a guy on youtube called FeanorBR that has been testing a number of DS games on the emulator using an Xperia Play. Even some of the more impressive 3D games such as Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 are running really smoothly. Mario Kart DS seems to be one of the more intensive DS games to get running but with some moderate frameskipping, even it looks to be entirely playable. You can check that guy's channel yourself, he's uploaded quite a few videos of DS games running on Xperia Play. He did overclock his to 1.6ghz though.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am without words... This runs amazingly well. White 2 is like fullspeed on my somewhat outdated HP touchpad. Strange Journey is missing sound effects but I believe little stuff like that'll be fixed in no time.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing through first Phoenix Wright with this emulator right now.
Runs like a dream. Really enjoying it.

Has anyone tried TWEWY? That's one of the only games on the DS that was considered a must buy that I haven't played.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Playing on OUYA. All the touch thing can be done on the controller

526329_397960580308021_1818285490_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=397958983641514&notif_t=video_wall_create

Anyone knows if the Online works?

D

Deleted-236924

TWEwY didn't run too well for me; The cutscenes worked fine, but then it would get choppy during gameplay (frameskip at 4)

Using a Nexus S. It is possible the game would run much better if you have a device with better specs.
I'm not too annoyed at TWEwY not working well for me, considering I mainly got this emulator to play Ace Attorney, which the emulator emulate literally perfectly.

I'm trying out Radiant Historia right now.

Reactions: ThatDudeWithTheFood

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People will probably say it is malware infected so people don't just grab it carelessly and buy it instead, but hey if you have the money $8 isn't too much to ask. Just eat at home instead of a fast food place for one day, haha. Of course you can't be too careful, but still. Well worth supporting.

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought it and works really well on almost all roms but I am playing Pocket Monsters Black 2 (K) and when I press, "Start New Game", it says
"Couldn't write data, backup system is broken or life span is over. You won't be able to save but you can enjoy the game. Please turn off your DS."
I can read it because I am Korean-Canadian, and I thought it was the AP maybe so I patched it with DS-Scene Rom Tool, but it still says that...
Does anyone know a fix? Or do I have to wait for the new update?

Exophase

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it and works really well on almost all roms but I am playing Pocket Monsters Black 2 (K) and when I press, "Start New Game", it says
"Couldn't write data, backup system is broken or life span is over. You won't be able to save but you can enjoy the game. Please turn off your DS."
I can read it because I am Korean-Canadian, and I thought it was the AP maybe so I patched it with DS-Scene Rom Tool, but it still says that...
Does anyone know a fix? Or do I have to wait for the new update?

These games are new and we need to update our game database to include them, but you could manually add them to /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/game_database.xml Just copy it from the Japanese releases (but you have to change the game code, don't worry about CRC for now)

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think i've found a bug.

I've tested Professor Layton and the Last Specter and on the first puzzle when i touch submit i got on a loop, the puzzle shows up again and again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Caller -"Everytime I start a Pc game on my S24, playing on a external monitor, someone calls or...