(G)UI mods for Desktop

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I got myself a brand new lappy not too long ago and I decided to take my old desktop, make it a bit more compact, and give it to my cousin for his birthday. Since he loves games from the 90s so I just put a few old games my bro has and my ROM collection on it with some emulators. Problem is though, he's 9 and pretty much unable to solve the mystery of using the desktop and explorer. So I want to make it easier to navigate for him, but I want it to look consolish too. I tryed Big Picture for Steam and its alright, but a bit laggy and I cant figure out how to activate it without making him an account. So I wanted to know if anyone knew of any programs that modify the desktop and make it easier to navigate with a controller, or make it similar to a console screen altogether?

Also, while im here, does anyone know any other low-end PC games that play like retro games? I visited the Freeware and Top 50 list already.

darklink801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try Rainmeter(http://rainmeter.net/cms/) but you'd have to check out some skins and find one that suits you or make one yourself if you have the skills for that.

When you say you want a console look it makes me think of the windows 8 metro you could try using that? (so installing windows 8 or a windows 8 rainmeter skin )

Hope this helps even a little, Goodluck :)

Reactions: Zantigo

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try Rainmeter(http://rainmeter.net/cms/) but you'd have to check out some skins and find one that suits you or make one yourself if you have the skills for that.

When you say you want a console look it makes me think of the windows 8 metro you could try using that? (so installing windows 8 or a windows 8 rainmeter skin )

Hope this helps even a little, Goodluck :)

Ok ill try this out, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong