Gaming Game Remakes

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd love for Rare to port the DKC games again with maybe higher resolution and 3d. The layers in the game of course would work swell with it and won't take too much time

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Final Fantasy V and VI.

C'mon Nintendo! You started with III, then IV for the DS, so why did you stop?!

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legend of zelda: Majoras Mask (Im pretty certain we'll get this one)
Legend of zelda: Wind waker
Pikmin 1&2 (And then maybe 3 =D)
FFV and FFVI (Much like FFIV)
The metroid Prime series
DK64 & Jet force Gemini (Very unlikely)

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
wolven9 said:
Legend of zelda: Majoras Mask (Im pretty certain we'll get this one)
Pikmin 1&2 (And then maybe 3 =D)
FFV and FFVI (Much like FFIV)
The metroid Prime series
DK64 & Jet force Gemini (Very unlikely)
The first 3. I don't exactly agree with the rest as that would be a ton, but if we got Other M it'd be epic

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Eternal Darkness (one of the best Cube games, and a personal favorite)
2. Chibi Robo (another great Cube game that not many played)
3. Resident Evil 4 (I know there are already 2 RE games, but 4 is perhaps my fav game of all time)
4. WarioWare (this is almost guaranteed to be a legit 3DS release)
5. Super Metroid
6. Punch Out!

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Castlevania series
Wario ware of course
Final Fantasy XIII
Pokemon(a complete game with all regions pokemon, pm me if you want to have my idea bout this)
Legend of zelda: Majoras Mask

EDit: pokemon Colosseum and XD gale of Darkness

metalmouth647

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow final fantasy 13 remade on the 3ds? FF13 is 6 Gb, i doubt they can make it a 250 MB 3ds game tbh. Same for gamecube games as well.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
metalmouth647 said:
Wow final fantasy 13 remade on the 3ds? FF13 is 6 Gb, i doubt they can make it a 250 MB 3ds game tbh. Same for gamecube games as well.

3DS games are ~2GB bro. Dunno who told you that and I'm sure they could do it

RE4zombie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see a remake of Resident Evil 2 in 3D. If Capcom redid the gameplay to be play more like 4 and 5 with over the shoulder perspective and better voice acting and graphics, it would be an automatic buy for me. They've already ported it to so many consoles the time for a remake is now.

Also, there have been rumors of an FF7 remake for the PS3 for a while now, but I would rather see it go portable on the 3DS. There hasn't been a good FF for Nintendo consoles except for the ports/remakes of 4 and 6, and the Crystal Chronicles series sucks. This might run into issues though since Sony originally published it.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RE4zombie said:
I would love to see a remake of Resident Evil 2 in 3D. If Capcom redid the gameplay to be play more like 4 and 5 with over the shoulder perspective and better voice acting and graphics, it would be an automatic buy for me. They've already ported it to so many consoles the time for a remake is now.
Fuck that. 4 and 5 shouldn't have even been called Resident Evil games because they significantly changed the gameplay, changed the entire way it is meant to be played, and went with grotesque images over atmosphere, they ended the (coherent) storyline before RE4 took place, and there wasn't a single damn zombie in the games. RE2 was just about perfect as is. Don't bastardize it by forcing the new "RE" style into a classic on the survival horror genre.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
RE4zombie said:
Fuck that. 4 and 5 shouldn't have even been called Resident Evil games because they significantly changed the gameplay, changed the entire way it is meant to be played, and went with grotesque images over atmosphere, they ended the (coherent) storyline before RE4 took place, and there wasn't a single damn zombie in the games. RE2 was just about perfect as is. Don't bastardize it by forcing the new "RE" style into a classic on the survival horror genre.

While your opinion is valid, don't dis others' opinions. "Resident Evil" simply refers to the plot, which is still very apparent in 4 and 5 (more so in 5). The gameplay is so refined as well as the voice acting, this is true. The majority of people like the new gameplay style and atmosphere that you claimed isn't there. 5 didn't have the atmosphere as much as 4, but it is there. Revelations is looking to bring back that horrific atmosphere that made the game chilling and the way they implement the 3D could enhance that experience.

EDIT: I would like to see Banjo Kaz(T)ooie and Castlevania 64 remakes.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trademark3001 said:
A good Megaman series all the way. if this becomes remade on 3ds i will become a Nintendo D*** s*cking fanboy.
Fixed for you, no need to thank me.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AaronUzumaki said:
injected11 said:
RE4zombie said:

While your opinion is valid, don't dis others' opinions. "Resident Evil" simply refers to the plot, which is still very apparent in 4 and 5 (more so in 5). The gameplay is so refined as well as the voice acting, this is true. The majority of people like the new gameplay style and atmosphere that you claimed isn't there. 5 didn't have the atmosphere as much as 4, but it is there. Revelations is looking to bring back that horrific atmosphere that made the game chilling and the way they implement the 3D could enhance that experience.
I didn't say there was no atmosphere, but it has completely changed. To make a heap of changes like that, but then call the game by the same title was a little unsettling for a long-time fan of the series. Playing RE4 for the first time, it felt like I went to the store and picked up a box labled "Graham Crackers", and after purchasing it, getting it home, and opening it, I find fruit snacks inside. Sure I enjoying RE4 a little bit, but when I picked up 'Resident Evil' 4, I expected a Resident Evil game, and that wasn't at all what I felt I had received. They had built up familiarity with a style of their game (and used it for RE 0, 1, 2, 3, Code Veronica, Outbreak 1 & 2, etc.) and then completely changed it, but called it by the same name. Sparse yet diverse enemies, little health, and even rarer ammunition combined with a sprawling and memorably detailed landscape (that will be revisited several times) with great atmospheric, dramatic music, a decent storyline, and zombies, is how a RE game should be, and how RE2 should stay. It's a classic. It practically legitimized the 'survival horror' genre.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
A bit unlikely but...
Warioland 4 (i loved it
biggrin.gif
)
Pokemon ruby/sapphire/emerald (no matter what people say, I actually enjoyed it)

I would say final fantasy but to be honest I never managed to get through FFiv and III on ds i got bored :s
and final fantasy VII is a little overrated.

LOVE Warioland 4! It is very aged now, but if they could somehow bring it up-to-date with pseudo 3D elements, then it would be wicked.\

Maybe New Warioland 3DS? Also loved the original GB Super Mario Land, a remake of that would be amazing!

I would also love to see a 3DS version of F-ZERO, which I still play on my GBA on the odd occasion.

Other remakes:
DKC
SMW - Snes version
Zelda - Links Awakening

I think they should concentrate on bringing back some older games/or some that we missed on the Virtualboy, instead of N64+ rehashes this time around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.