timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just got finished modding my GBC so that I could have a front light, and despite the light working, the screen isn't showing anything. I've taken a look at the ribbon cable for the screen, made sure that it's completely fit to the board, but nothing shows up on the screen regardless. I've also removed the front light to make sure it wasn't interfering with the screen, but even without it the screen still shows nothing. If anyone has some ideas to get it working again, I'd appreciate it. I have no idea what to do next. Thanks in advance.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You may have damaged it (static? don't wear socks while soldering! get a grounding bracelet). I busted my first screen when doing that mod.

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe gently wipe the ribbon cable? I was taking apart my Game Boy Pocket to clean the buttons, which required me to disconnect the ribbon cable. After I was done cleaning everything and I put it back together, the Game Boy would turn on, but the screen wouldn't show anything, no matter where i turned the contrast slider. I took it apart again, disconnected the ribbon cable, then gently wiped it with a paper towel, then I put it back together and it miraculously worked. What a relief, because I thought I destroyed my GBP for good...

That may not be the problem in your case however, just a suggestion.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GBC screen is probably the most delicate gameboy screen ever, i blew one after dismantling the GBC to repair a loose speaker wire - If you're getting sound out of the unit the screen is prbably dead.

J3LL0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be the light? Try removing the light and testing the screen. I'm going to attempt this mod as soon as I get the broken sp in.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be the light? Try removing the light and testing the screen. I'm going to attempt this mod as soon as I get the broken sp in.
HE removed it, no difference. The best you can do is just clean the ribbon. If that fails, well, you gotta get a new screen...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1